+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ding Dong Diantoni to Tenn (a thread about Mark Dantonio, apparently)

Ding Dong Diantoni to Tenn (a thread about Mark Dantonio, apparently)

The word is he is going to be there number 1 target in the offseason to replace Fullmer. While he go? Should he go?

I don't think he will go or should go. I referred to this in the past, questioning whether or not he would jump ship like Saban, his former boss and the man who first brought him to EL, if he experienced success. My belief was that he would, and I still think he will someday, but I'm not inclined to think he'll do it this soon. While he only coached at Cincinnati for 3 years before jumping ship, I'm doubtful he would leave MSU after only two.

I do think Tennessee has a higher ceiling nationally and it would be an intriguing move for him, returning to the SEC where he played. But my guess is that he has assurances that other big jobs will open up soon enough.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

By the way, the only rumor I could find is actually speculation that if Fulmer is fired, some think Spurrier would replace him and then MD would replace Spurrier at South Carolina. I realize SC is where MD played, and while I think a move to the SEC would be an upgrade over the Big Ten, I think S. Carolina is actually a step down from MSU. Spurrier himself can make them competitive but just not good enough for that conference. Lou Holtz burnt out his last bit there before that.

I still don't see MD jumping ship...yet. Not to mention that technically Fulmer still has that job, right?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Dantonio doesn't seem like the type of guy that would spurn MSU to go elsewhere. Of course, money can change that...

Without question Tennessee would pay more, and it's a far more higher profile job, better recruiting, better conference, Knoxville is a great city...

It'd be tough to pass up, that's for damn sure...

Blog Entries
    I think he'll probably wait until the South Carolina gig opens again.
    Find a new slant.

Wow, this is a surprise. I don't see Dantonio as the 'jump ship' kind of guy. Nice try scUMmers, you'll be losing to Dantonio for years to come.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    Wow, this is a surprise. I don't see Dantonio as the 'jump ship' kind of guy. Nice try scUMmers, you'll be losing to Dantonio for years to come.
    Don't know about the latter part of that.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    There is a shitload of confidence coming from a team that won for the first time in 7 tries.
    Last edited by MoTown; 10-31-2008 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

It's definitely an upgrade to Tenn. SC would be a downgrade because at MSU he can keep MSU in the top 5 in the conference. At SC he'd have to have an amazing season to do that. Of course alumni type stuff plays in, but that doesn't mean you always take a lesser position.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don`t think Dantonio is going anywhere. He is rebuilding the football program and will go down in MSU history as the coach who accomplished what many couldn`t. I think Dantonio is the type of man who appreciate that type of solid, long term achievement.

Dantonio will retire from coaching as the coach of MSU.
    www.university.com

+ Reply to Thread