+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grantland: Korleone Young

Blog Entries
    Find a new slant.

Long article but certainly makes you feel sorry for the kid... he's 34 now and basically has nothing!

the whole business of "what if he had a father?" bugs me though.

My father (RIP) was never really involved in anything we did as kids. He was around and I can remember him being involved on occasion but it was rare as can be. Mum and him split up when I was 13 and we moved 15 hours away so he wasn't involved after that either.

He's not to blame for me being the way I am... he might be part of it but at the end of the day you gotta take responsibility for your own life and choices at some stage. I guess Young is having a hard time coming to that point, or admitting that what happened in his life is because of his choices, not the choices of his Mum or Dad

I also gotta say that at least he took a shot at the brass ring. Lots of people are afraid of failing, afraid of doing anything that might not work out. At the end of the day he took his shot and he missed but for a moment, at some point he would have had that "I'm fucking amazing" moment... some people don't get that through fear or other choices they've made
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    His mother named him after Sonny Corleone... it's not just about the father, or lack thereof.

+ Reply to Thread