+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 105
1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently drinking...

Blog Entries

The official "What are you having to drink?" thread

The third installment in the popular series that has included "What's for lunch?" and "What's your afternoon snack?".

I started out the day with my traditional Lipton iced tea (unsweetened, no lemon) aka liquid crack.

Next I'm moving on to a Coke Zero, which is surprisingly good.

Yesterday I dabbled with an energy drink, since sleep hasn't been coming very easy lately. I went with a Monster Lo Carb tallboy. It was decent, but I'm wondering if any of you energy drink experts can recommend something with better taste (prefer no or low carb, I think drinking carbs in general is silly).

I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to energy drinks, basically I've had the one that Mountain Dew puts out and a few Red Bulls.
    Find a new slant.

I drink coffee or Guiness in the morning.
    I'm either buzzing around getting something done, or I'm passed out by noon.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Drinking some good old milk right now before I take three exams today. Shit.

energy drinks suck ass. they are worse than soda for you.

My drink of choice is good old Cherry coke. Killians at night. Actually I drink about %80 tap water though in the course of a day. I used to get sick often, but now I get sick less than once a year since drinking my daily alottment of water.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

All kidding aside, studies have shown that drinking alot of water is actually better for alertness (and all kinds of other things) than coffee, tea, or any of those so called "energy drinks".
    Drinking lots of water has been linked to reduced heart disease, and reduced occurences of most cancers.
    It's also easier to clean up if you spill it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    energy drinks suck ass. they are worse than soda for you.
    Bad for you how? Can you elaborate?

The one I had had 10 calories, 3g of carbs, 100% RDV of riboflavin, niacin, B6, B12, low sodium, ginseng, etc.

I don't recall many sodas like that.

Of course, it has a lot of caffeine.
    Find a new slant.

I know energy drinks are worse for your wallet. A can of coke costs about 75 cents, but even a small can of Red Bull is $1.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Bad for you how? Can you elaborate?

The one I had had 10 calories, 3g of carbs, 100% RDV of riboflavin, niacin, B6, B12, low sodium, ginseng, etc.

I don't recall many sodas like that.

Of course, it has a lot of caffeine.
    it depends. most are just loaded in sugar and caffeine. some are loaded in minerals and stuff, but I bet that is less than %5 of them.

Also, caffeine is one of the most overused substances. people load up on coffee in the morning but don't realize that caffeine doesn't help you early in the morning as much. You get tired in the course of a day from a chemical in your body that naturally produces itself all day. caffiene blocks the production of this chemical, so it helps you from getting drowsy. but, since you haven't built up large amounts yet in the morning, it doesn't really help.

You'll probably say it does help, but you probably also notice it helping when you haven't had a good nights sleep. sleep gets rid of that chemical, so you probably already have a large amount of it in your system when you wake up...which would make the caffiene effective that early. I read this all in my Men's Health, where they said most people should be having their coffee around noon to maximize the benifits of it.

BTW, I am drinking a coke right now at 10 am because I stayed up late last night. but since I only drink 1 soda a day, I don't feel bad about it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

One chemical that soda contains that I don't think energy drinks do is "High Fructose corn Syrup".
    Studies have shown that ONE soda per day can lead to a gain of fifteen pounds over X (I don't remember how many) years, and if you want to see how bad and how pervasive HFCS is, google it.
    You may never drink another coke again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    All kidding aside, studies have shown that drinking alot of water is actually better for alertness (and all kinds of other things) than coffee, tea, or any of those so called "energy drinks".
    Drinking lots of water has been linked to reduced heart disease, and reduced occurences of most cancers.
    It's also easier to clean up if you spill it.
    Yeah I heard that too.

If your trying to pull an all nighter, like I am right now, dont drink coffee and shit to stay up. Instead drink some 100% PURIFIED WATER

+ Reply to Thread