+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The sports "dead zone"

Blog Entries

The sports "dead zone"

worst month or two ever
    Find a new slant.

God yes. Gotta get into golf now that I'm older.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Beat me on the golf comment. I hate golf.

Blog Entries
    As much as this sucks, I'm still not watching the WNBA.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    As much as this sucks, I'm still not watching the WNBA.
    Watching the WNBA is probably about the time you should do therapy. I remember the summer football leagues like the old WFL and the USFL--and the dreaded Arena Football stuff. Sorry, no can do. It's nice to let the apetite get worked up for football.

Golf's majors are nice, but only because Tiger is chasing a record, and hopefully we get more of him than Sonny Shlubski winning the British Open because he was the only one who didn't forget his pants on Sunday. But again, if Tiger ain't in it, then that's another free Sunday.

But the ONE thing I stopped doing as I aged: fast forwarding through summer til football starts. It's like wine (or WHINE in the case of us UM fans right now)--let it sit in the basement, next to the buried bodies, ferment, age, ripen, and then at just the right moment--crack it open and savor it. Especially when you realize that you are older than a lot of the goddamm coaches!

I guess I could say that well, that's more time for fuckin' the woman--but a lot of us are married and know THAT ain't happening. So I guess a lot of guys will be stumbling around the malls for the next 2 months with their wives and kids (really, very few of us know what to do with this thing called life--so we go shopping), slumped over, looking miserable, missing their buddies--unless they see them while they are leaning on the wall outside Tooties Nails, Eyebrow Waxing, and Make Fat Broads Feel Sexy Shoppe (ever notice how the word "Shop" evolved into "Shoppe" in an absurd attempt to make "wasting money and time" sound classy or purposeful?)--pretending to love their wives--and worst of all, doing pennance or trying to win "brownie points" for DARING to spend two hours on Saturday and'or Sunday watching football instead of cuddling and watching Lifetime movies all weekend.

Yes, you all are preparing to work on the "honey-do list"--and the fact that men even say that out loud like it's some sort of badge of honor or some sort of natural process of life (like getting you testacles skewered would be) is what makes these next two months all the more unbearable.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

If you're not a big baseball fan, this time of the year sucks. If you are a baseball fan and your team sucks, this time of the year is awful. If your baseball team is good, it can be a great time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Yeah, I call baseball season "go outside and get some fresh air" season.

Well, I don't have to deal with 2 months of no (or shitty) sport.

Our rugby league is only half way through the season. And next week is Game 2 of the annual State of Origin series.

The Origin match is part of a best of 3 series featuring the best players from Queensland v the best players from New South Wales and this ain't no All-Star Game - the 3 games are more intense than any rugby league game will be this year, including Test matches v foreign countries.

Anyway, rugby league finishes in September, just in time for me to get a few weeks break before the next NBA season starts.

And if I get sck of league I can always watch wrestling - no off-season at all.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    Beat me on the golf comment. I hate golf.
    Golf is a great excuse to smoke and drink. As long as you never make the mistake of giving a shit about how well you play, it's great.

Blog Entries
    This week has sucked.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread