+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "TenuousWatch" 2007/08

"TenuousWatch" 2007/08

As mentioned on KCAL9 by Lena Ngyuen, re: today's SoCal fire in Aqua Dulce, while on the line with a fire chief:

...as we're watching that SuperScooper fly tenuously in those high winds

Blog Entries
    Giuliani's Conservative Support Tenuous

By ALAN FRAM

WASHINGTON (AP) — Rudy Giuliani shares the lead for the conservative vote in the Republican presidential race, despite the New Yorker's three marriages and moderate views on abortion, guns and gays.

Yet a close look suggests his support from the GOP's potent right wing is less than meets the eye, according to recent Associated Press-Ipsos polls.

Conservatives, evangelical and born-again voters, and strongly loyal Republicans who back Giuliani tend to be less conservative, less religiously active and less supportive of President Bush than those favoring Fred Thompson, Giuliani's chief rival so far, the surveys show.

That leaves Giuliani, the Republican front-runner, with a tenuous hold on the most intensely conservative voters long considered his party's core.

As third-quarter earnings have been some of the weakest on record for newspapers, companies such as Belo Corp. and E.W. Scripps announced plans to separate their growing cable, Internet and newspaper operations. Hearst Corp. may give its recently bailed buyout plan another try.

Despite the pending $8.2 billion sale of Tribune to real estate investor Sam Zell, which could become stalled over potential FCC ownership changes, newspaper company valuations and transactions are tenuous at best.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-22-2007 at 10:52 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Fomer Ambassador Peter Galbraith on NPR discussing Iraq unity between the Kurds, Sunni and Shiite. I didn't listen to the entire interview but the interview is Headlined as "Iraq Unity Tenuous"
    Last edited by Tahoe; 10-22-2007 at 04:39 PM.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    the Iraq

Whatchootalkinboutwillis?

Miss South Carolina

wow, that stings a little bit.

j/k d00d I like to fuck with people being a grammar nazi.

Truth is after pointing to Mars one night, my mother in-law said 'oh, is that 'the Mars'. Since then the wife, boy and I kind of have an inside joke about saying 'the' before everthing. Its addicting. My M i-law's other gems are "do you like the potato? type of things. We love her, but she is a crack up.

Oh man, the stories I could tell.

My mother in law is a TRIP. She's a very talkative woman who cannot let a moment pass in silence, so she's constantly filling our ears up with worthless nonsense as if we were desperate to hear news about her friend's sister's sick cat.

Because she's so overbearing, we get just a little more sinister enjoyment out of her verbal quirks. For instance:

She can't pronounce a short "i" vowel sound. I don't know why this is. She doesn't have an accent of any kind. But she can't say "milk" or "pillow." She says "melk" and "pellow." I think it's her way of coming up with a louder, more annoying way to say simple words.

+ Reply to Thread