+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: New Hampshire Primary

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    she also voted for the war. im not interested in hearing her spin "if i knew then what i know now" yada yada yada bullshit. she knew exactly what she was voting for, which is exactly what debbie stabenow voted for w/ the torture bill's passing a year ago: her career. clinton thought voting for the war would further her career by making her look tough on terrorism, ignoring the fact that it was a bad war that had nothing to do with terrorism. her saying otherwise now is just more bullshit.
    The same goes for Edwards, BTW.

I'm amused at how Clinton tries to drag Obama into the pro-war camp. At one point in 2004, Obama said basically "I'm not 100% sure how I would've voted because I wasn't in office at the time and never saw the intelligence". Contextually, the only reason for even THAT level of equivocation was to be nice to Kerry and Edwards, to not make them look totally stupid as they were running for Pres. Of course, every other thing Obama said at the time was "this looks like a bad war, not something we should go into". And then, when he <gasp> supports the troops even if not the initial decision to go into war, he's "pro-war". Riiiggghhhttt...

yea, its pretty absurd. if i recall, obama was the first prominant politician to discuss "phazed withdrawal" from iraq.

but thats all academic, as it seems much more important whether hilary cries in response to staged questions while giving out campaign talking points on beat at the most opportune time possible.

+ Reply to Thread