+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MIN/DET - revisited

MIN/DET - revisited

Minny is set to have anywhere from $9 mil to $12.5 mil in cap space this coming off-season.

What are they gonna do with it? They're a young team that isn't likely to attract a quality free agent to that team - not yet anyway. And they don't need a quality big man - they've already got 2.

They also don't need a PG - they've got Flynn and Sessions under contract and Rubio overseas.

What they need is a dude like Rip - a playoff proven performer that could help them climb the standings a bit (thus making them more attractive for free agents) while also helping some of the young guys understand what it takes to win in the NBA.

Obviously Minny won't wanna fuck up their future by trading quality young talent for Rip. They probably also wouldn't be inclined to part with Rubio right now.

They might be willing to deal their "cap space" (Blount + Cardinal) plus one of their multiple first round picks for Rip. That deal doesn't work as is but does work if we include DaJaun Summers.

So, Minny deal 2 expiring picks and the worst of their multiple first rounders in 2010 for Richard Hamilton and DaJuan Summers.

Their starters would become Jefferson/Love/Gomes or Brewer/Rip/Flynn. They put off having cap room for a while due to the fact they aren't a destination for quality free agents and the fact that they have a young team that simply needs time to grow.

Rip could help with the development while providing a "reliable" perimeter scorer (something they currently lack)

We do this to dump a massive contract and acquire an asset (first round pick) cause right now shit ain't good and it's time for change we can all believe in lol

Thoughts/whatevers?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

sign me up. as I said any RIP for expirings deal works for me.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I honestly believe that we simply need to admit that Tay and Rip are not required here anymore and we need to move them.

They still are valuable and can help a franchise - just not this one.

A young team (like Minny) could use a veteran that has been to the playoffs year after year after year.

Now that the skid has hit 12 games I'm done with Rip and Tay - move them both for expirings if we can and fucking hope for the best.

Cause by keeping them for the next 3 or 4 seasons all we do is ensure we're never bad enough to get a Top 5 pick and never good enough to be anything more than a late seed speed bump.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread