+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade ideas: 2 Chauncey S&Ts to Boston

Blog Entries

Trade ideas: 2 Chauncey S&Ts to Boston

Pierce says he wants "a vet NBA star" in Boston or he wants out. They could actually finally move Pierce, but if they want to get him a star...

Chauncey (resigned)

for

Al Jefferson
    Theo Ratliff (expiring)
    Comments: Boston gets their 2nd star, and can still get a good player at #15. The Pistons get their C of the future in Jefferson, and can either get Conley at #5 or if he's gone, trade down as far as #13 and get either Law or Crittenton. Who knows if Ratliff ever plays again, if he does, that's a bonus.

Chauncey (resigned)

for

Theo Ratliff (expiring)
    Delonte West
    Comments: Pretty much the same as above, only we'd go for a big at #5 (Noah, Hawes) and roll with West as our PG until we can find something better, either through FA (Boykins? Mo Williams?) or at #15/#27. Higher risk here, for sure.
    Find a new slant.

Well, Jefferson's more of a PF than a C, IMO. But this deal looks reasonable for both sides.

Yeah I don't think Jefferson has the length to play center. Jefferson is pretty much untouchable but with Pierce getting impatient, would you reject Billups? If we can get Conley at the #5, I'd think we'd be in a weird situation. Conley and Jefferson are so young while we got Rip Tay and Sheed to work with. Conley has yet to find a jumpshot but is a great passer. IF we take Conley at 5...we'd look like

Sheed
    Jefferson
    Tay
    Rip
    Conley

That's a pretty damn good lineup, but not so much better than

Sheed
    Webber
    Tay
    rip
    Billups

I'd love for us to get a superstar caliber player without giving up a big chunk of our "core."

As for the 2nd trade, I'd try to get Rondo and Allen than West...

I don't know if I'd go after Allen first. No one knows if he's fully healed from that freak injury.

If he wants out then those are pretty good deals. Would he want to go back to Boston though? They delt him away, but I don't remember how his time was there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I wonder how much the rape charge figured into Pitino dealing Billups away.

I can't see him really wanting to go back there. I'll take JD and Flip over Ainge and Doc any day.

+ Reply to Thread