+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade idea: Telfair to Detroit

Trade idea: Telfair to Detroit

Just trying to think of ideas of getting a young backup PG without drafting one. I'm not huge on Telfair, but I was throwing this idea around in another thread so I thought I'd make it a topic.

Telfair for Hunter - If Hunter plans to retire, gives us a backup PG for basically nothing, saves the C's some money

Telfair for Murray - Nobody seems to want Murray around, we need a backup PG. They make about the same amount of money so its a wash. The C's don't really play Telfair from what I've heard, and we don't really play Murray. Worth a shot.

Oh man Telfair? I just threw up a little...

Quote Originally Posted by Laxation
    Really? I don't think we could pluck him for what Zek was saying but if we could, I'd go for it.

Tempting... I could see Hunter giving the go ahead since he is now part of management.
    I'd have to pass though... The vision is to get a backup that can lock down other PG's (god knows Chauncey needs the help)... distribute the ball a little and not an embarras himself as a shooter.

I do like the idea of not burning a pick on a PG though... rookie PG's are scarey.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxation
    You seem to throw up a lot, Lax.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    You seem to throw up a lot, Lax.
    Word.

I really dont know anything about Telfair. When he first came into this league, I thought he would be pretty good. Once he came to Boston, he wasn't used at all. He made the highlights in summer league play, but that doesn't really say much.

Blog Entries
    He may have thrown up because he's related to Stephon Marbury. Just a hunch.

Blog Entries
    Sebastien Telfair as a Piston = trouble

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mercury
    Tempting... I could see Hunter giving the go ahead since he is now part of management.
    I'd have to pass though... The vision is to get a backup that can lock down other PG's (god knows Chauncey needs the help)... distribute the ball a little and not an embarras himself as a shooter.
    Telfair's never shot 40%. I'd be more worried about how he might embarass us off the court, though.

+ Reply to Thread