Phoenix Suns

Roster under contract:
    PG: Steve Nash. DJ Strawberry
    SG: Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa
    SF: Grant Hill, Alando Tucker
    PF: Amare Stoudemire, Boris Diaw
    C: Shaquille O'Neal

Will edit when I have time.

The Suns are a rapidly aging team, with four of their starters over the age of 30.
    They need an infusion of youth, so their fifteenth draft pick best not be a project. The worst player in their *rotation* is Alando Tucker, and since he was more or less D-league caliber last season, he is not to be relied upon this upcoming year. Phoenix could do with a nine-man rotation, including the #15 draft pick.

What position should he be, then? C appears to be most obvious, until you consider that Amare Stoudemire could and should serve as Shaq's backup and that Diaw has played C in the past.
    I would say that the most important position for the Suns is SF. Grant Hill still hasn't completely shed injury concerns, and if he were to go down the Suns would be in quite a pinch.

On the radar should be Brandon Rush, Joe Alexander, Chase Budinger, Danilo Gallinari, Donte Greene, etc. The Suns have plenty of options with this pick and I expect to take the BSFA.

read something along the lines of brandonrush is phoenix's man...

That's probably what I'm leaning towards.
    I trust that nobody will select B Rush before this pick...
    If I'm not here come draft time, he's the guy. I'll just keep things realistic.

Phoenix Suns drafted F-C Robin Lopez and G-F Malik Hairston

PG: Steve Nash. DJ Strawberry
    SG: Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa, Malik Hairston
    SF: Grant Hill, Alando Tucker
    PF: Amare Stoudemire, Boris Diaw
    C: Shaquille O'Neal, Robin Lopez

+ Reply to Thread