+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: WTF mock drafts, 1st 10 picks

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I don't see why GB would do that. Their team is horrible and needs more things than we do. Why trade 2 picks to get Bush? They could simply draft Lendale White or Deangelo Williams and use those extra two picks to fix their OL.
    I think they can pick up a solid lineman with their second round pick. This draft is very deep in that area. And then, they can use their late rounders/compensation picks(if any) to fill out this year's roster.

But they need LB help, and defensive back help A LOT. Plus they have at least 2 holes to fill on the OL. And they could use a TE too (Franks isn't getting any younger), and possibly a WR (walker had a huge injury, and he is a FA now too). I don't see them trading away picks when their are 2 more stud RB's there for them to take.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Please not the dude from BC. Have any of you actually seen him play.

I talked to some people on the BC board and they think he would be better in the 3-4 as an outside LB. He needs to gain weight at the next level because he cannot hold up against the run. He also is very stiff and too often is a nonfactor. I saw him 2-4 times this year and he just was not the best player on the field and he was not doubled team as much as you would think.

Art
    You know...after doing my mock..I have heard similar things..but from watching him I know he's strong as hell and fast. He is not very polished, but he also hasn't played a ton of football. That said, athletes like that aren't always available...I think with experience he could be very scary down the road.

Kiwanuka is also one of the best contain DE's in college football. I have yet to see him allow a QB to get outside.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    I just checked out some mock drafts on the net, and they are all over the place.

Take the qb, Cutler, for instance. He is seen as going anywhere from 4 to 16 in the mocks I've read.

And Brick seems to have jumped from around 10 a few weeks ago to a lock at #4 in every mock I've seen - with the exception of the one where Cutler goes #4.

Some of these mocks also have the Lions taking Cutler. I certainly hope they don't.

If they can't get Ferguson (which it appears they can't), I'd trade down to somewhere between 15 and 20 and get one of the other highly rated OL's, like Justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Blog Entries
    I think a trade down is the right move for the Lions, but I thought that last year too.

If you are not going to take a skill position player, move down and accumulate picks.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    I just checked out some mock drafts on the net, and they are all over the place.

Take the qb, Cutler, for instance. He is seen as going anywhere from 4 to 16 in the mocks I've read.

And Brick seems to have jumped from around 10 a few weeks ago to a lock at #4 in every mock I've seen - with the exception of the one where Cutler goes #4.

Some of these mocks also have the Lions taking Cutler. I certainly hope they don't.

If they can't get Ferguson (which it appears they can't), I'd trade down to somewhere between 15 and 20 and get one of the other highly rated OL's, like Justice.
    I have not seen Ferguson outside of the Top 10 in any mock drafts yet. The lowest I have seen him going was at #9 to us. Most of the drafts have him going at either #1 or #4.

And the only mock draft that has us taking Cutler is Mel Kiper's.

+ Reply to Thread