• Jarryd Bayless

6 100.00%
  • Brook Lopez

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seattle thread

Hmm, Arthur seems a worse version of Durant. That's not meant as an insult to his game, since "being worse than KD" is hardly a fair criticism. Just pointing out the duplication of skills. Arthur would need to bulk up to help them in the paint, something they've been looking for forever it seems.

DeAndre Jordan seems a good fit. He's a bit of a project, but any true big man availabe at this point will need some work. He's definitely athletic enough to run with the young guys.

Jordan is very similar too though. Athletic, good rebounder and shot blocker as well. I agree if the Sonics are going to run then Hibbert doesn't fit well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Jordan's also 6'11", 250 with a 7'6" wingspan, as opposed to Arthur's 6'9", 216 with a 6'11" wingspan.

Some things to consider for Seattle's pick:

The Bad

• Brook Lopez really struggled in all of the athletic drills. He's huge (his wingspan measured out at 7-foot-5 ½), but NBA teams are shying away from the more-lumbering big men. He wasn't awful during the testing, but many thought he'd do a little better.
    DeAndre Jordan also didn't fare nearly as well as teams would've expected. He's been labled as a Dwight Howard-type athlete, but he didn't put up anything close to the numbers Howard put up a few years ago.
    • Donte Greene and Darrell Arthur -- two guys touted for their athleticism -- disappointed many with their poor vertical-jump scores. Arthur also fared very poorly in the lane-agility drill.
    • JaVale McGee didn't light up the drills either for someone touted as a great athlete for a player his size. He looked a little out of shape in the workouts, which can't help his cause.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Ford's got Arthur as a 6-10 PF that can run the floor.

Just saying.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't really matter I suppose.

The Sonics already have a bunch of mediocre bigs, might as well add another.

Wilcox
    Collison
    R. Swift
    Sene
    Petro

Swift is a FA I think. They'll just let him go I imagine. Whoever they take has a chance to get PT regardless of whether they are a PF or C.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    The Bad

Brook Lopez really struggled in all of the athletic drills. He's huge (his wingspan measured out at 7-foot-5 ½), but NBA teams are shying away from the more-lumbering big men. He wasn't awful during the testing, but many thought he'd do a little better.
    DeAndre Jordan also didn't fare nearly as well as teams would've expected. He's been labled as a Dwight Howard-type athlete, but he didn't put up anything close to the numbers Howard put up a few years ago.
    Donte Greene and Darrell Arthur -- two guys touted for their athleticism -- disappointed many with their poor vertical-jump scores. Arthur also fared very poorly in the lane-agility drill.
    JaVale McGee didn't light up the drills either for someone touted as a great athlete for a player his size. He looked a little out of shape in the workouts, which can't help his cause.
    Man, did anyone look good in their workouts?

i would have takena arthur again. i dont want another center project...sene,petro, swift.

bayless
    durant
    jeff green
    arthur
    wilcox.

not bad if this team pans out in about 2~3 years

+ Reply to Thread