+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pontiac Commercial: App. St. vs. UM

New Pontiac Commercial: App. St. vs. UM

Anyone happen to catch the new Pontiac commercial? I've seen it three times this morning already. It is basically a fast forward summary of the game finishing with the announcer saying, "ONE OF THE BIGGEST UPSETS IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!" Unbelievable, a commercial based on a game. B-Diddy flying in to somehow convince us that this wasn't a monumental upset in 5...4...3...2...
    Last edited by Baker; 10-13-2007 at 11:25 AM.

Man, all you do is talk shit, Tre. You are the reason guys like Tommyz and Jethro and JackOffThai don;t come here anymore!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    They made one for Boise State-Oklahoma too.

Upset Of The Year (8)
    The operative theme for this season: Anything can happen, and will, and the more unlikely it sounds, the more likely it seems to be. When five Top 10 teams lose on a single weekend (Sept. 28-29) and that's not even in the top three most shocking developments of the year, you know it's been nuts.

1. Stanford 24, USC 23 (Oct. 6). As heroic Cardinal receiver Mark Bradford said Sunday, "This feels like Disney really happened to us." Pete Carroll, however, might not share that warm-and-fuzzy feeling after losing to his new nemesis, Jim Harbaugh.

First Harbaugh disclosed last spring that he'd been told this was Carroll's final year at Troy before returning to the NFL. Pete didn't like that. Then Harbaugh said at Pac-10 media day in July that USC might be the best football team ever. Pete didn't like that. Now Harbaugh's team turned a presumed beatdown into the biggest shocker of this or any other century. Don't think Pete liked that much, either.

Duane Burleson/AP Photo

Jerry Moore and the Mountaineers upset Michigan to kick start 2007's crazy ride.

2. Syracuse 38, Louisville 35 (Sept. 22). In its five games other than this one, the Orange averaged 12 points per game -- and lost all five. So scoring 38 and ending the Cardinals' 20-game home winning streak officially qualifies as preposterous. And provides utter condemnation of Louisville (a team The Dash will further condemn below).

3. Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 (Sept. 2). The game hailed as the new gold standard for upsets couldn't last three weeks without being topped, and couldn't last five without being topped again.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...5&sportCat=ncf

ok, dancing bear, i never said it wasnt a big upset. my point (and not mine alone, other posters actually said this before me) was that ap state loss wasnt as big as people thought, simply cuz app state had some true talent on its team and that michigan was way overrated. you could find dozens of articles saying the exact same thing as what i posted above.

but sparty on tre, youll be missed when you go back into hiding after the next state loss.

Blog Entries
    All I know is Appalachian State pulled off the unthinkable, hats off. However I feel a helluva lot better the past 3 or 4 weeks (especially after USC went down).

Wasn't it Tre who said something like..."No one talked shit cept Butblow"

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMICH
    All I know is Appalachian State pulled off the unthinkable, hats off. However I feel a helluva lot better the past 3 or 4 weeks (especially after USC went down).
    Appalachian State is a I AA school. Stanford is a I A school and in the same conference as USC. A surprising victory, but nowhere near Appalachian State over UM. The same with Syracuse and Louisville. That being both are I A schools. Take a look back at Appalachian State`s recruits over the last few year and then look at UM`s. For those who are trying to ameliorate the UM loss to Appalachian Stae by pointing to Stanford/USC and Syracuse/Louisville are deluded to the moon. Facts are facts, jackasses.

Let us not forget, Appalachian State lost to Wofford.

i think the exact tre-ism was more like "im classier than to talk shit about this epic, completely embarrassing, you'll never live it down, people will be talking about this for 10 years, loss".

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Appalachian State is a I AA school. Stanford is a I A school and in the same conference as USC. A surprising victory, but nowhere near Appalachian State over UM. The same with Syracuse and Louisville. That being both are I A schools. Take a look back at Appalachian State`s recruits over the last year and then look at UM`s. For those who are trying to ameliorate the UM loss to Appalachian Stae by pointing to Stanford/USC and Syracuse/Louisville are deluded to the moon. Facts are facts, jackasses.

you didnt list any facts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Appalachian State is a I AA school. Stanford is a I A school and in the same conference as USC. A surprising victory, but nowhere near Appalachian State over UM. The same with Syracuse and Louisville. That being both are I A schools. Take a look back at Appalachian State`s recruits over the last few year and then look at UM`s. For those who are trying to ameliorate the UM loss to Appalachian Stae by pointing to Stanford/USC and Syracuse/Louisville are deluded to the moon. Facts are facts, jackasses.

What does it matter? I feel like a million bucks either way.

I never said Stanford or Syracuse's wins were bigger than Appalachian State's btw. So if you're going to try to make shit up, go on about how being a Michigan fan is the equivalent to gold digging.
    Last edited by Timone; 10-13-2007 at 01:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread