View Poll Results: Who would you fire first...frist?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linehand

2 40.00%
  • Cunningham

2 40.00%
  • Both or Neither

1 20.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who would you fire first>

We've been consistently getting stuffed up the middle on runs late in games with no offensive creativity. Vanillahan has no killer instinct.

Lots of teams play prevent defense late, as do we. Unfortunately, our secondary is in such shambles it can't do the simple things right (Drayton Florence TD last week). Gunther has done a much better job than Linehan, IMO, with the talent he's been given.

I'd fire the guy that still thinks we should design an offense around Best and refuses to make any changes since he got injured.
    Hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesTheLion View Post
    I'd fire the guy that still thinks we should design an offense around Best and refuses to make any changes since he got injured.

yeah

I really think they may all have to go. Another of my problems with the coaching staff is that they haven't developed the talent they've had. Suh and Stafford should be better than they are. That's on coaching too. Delmas needs to be able to play in a way that allows him to not get injured and actually play. His whole, "This is how I'm gonna play" thing is horseshit. He should be coached on how to improve and anchor that D. The Lions insist on the run game, and that's good. But could they mix some play action. It's so obvious when they're going to run and when they're going to throw. It's one of the chief reasons they sucked in the red zone last night IMO. The D line, if you look at stats, are pretty damn good. But can we agree that the whole wide 9 and run upfield as hard as you can gives up too many big plays on important downs. And I especially believe that this philosophy has not developed Suh at all. It's played entirely to his desire to only use his physical ability and not get better at technique.

And who are our QB and DL coaches? We hear all the time about the Lions WR coach and his work. Shouldn't there be just as much talk about the great DL and QB development going on? We don't because there isn't.

If you look at the great coaches, Bellicheck or Parcells or Walsh to name some IMO they had a number of things we don't see from this coaching staff. Number one is details, those great coaches cover every single aspect of every single factor that goes on. There are so many factors that go into winning in football. I thought Schwartz was that kind of guy but I don't see that now. And second is that they maximized the talent they have. I don't see that with the Lions either.
    Last edited by DE; 12-23-2012 at 02:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread