Ok, I'm amazed no one has made a thread like this yet. We all know its a slim-to-none chance of ever happening but this is "Fun with trade ideas", right?

With all of these trades, I'm not sure what picks would have to be included, so you can argue about that amongst yourselves.

1. The Obvious - Sheed and Rip for Garnett

Garnett gets a chance to go for a championship on a contender. Minny gets two All-Star quality players in return. Rip is still relatively young.

2. Sheed, Rip, Nazr for Garnett and Ricky Davis

I know that no one really likes Davis, but he's a solid shooting guard with not much time left on his contract (either 1 or 2 years). After losing Rip we need to bring in someone to be our starter and if we took a SG with the #15 I doubt he'd be ready to start as a rookie. Maybe let Davis play for a year and then let #15 step in after he's got some time under his belt. Again, Minny gets two All-Star guys, and they get some needed extra depth in the frontcourt. Nazr isn't as horrid as we all say he is. Maybe on a new team he fits in a bit better and plays up to his contract.

3. Sheed and Rip for Garnett and McCants

Picks would obviously be a big factor here. McCants would be the young backup we need, maybe even becoming our starter. He's young, he's been injured, maybe he comes in looking to prove himself in the league.

4. Sheed, Rip, Murray/Delfino/Hunter (if he's retiring) for Garnett and McCants

Same as 3 but less draft pick compensation needed. They get whichever of the 3 they want. Murray if they prefer a slasher-type. Delfino if they want someone for defense who can handle the ball a bit (he did it for Argentina, we just never let him play that way it seems). Hunter if he's retiring and his contract would come off the books and give them some cap space.

I guess if Billups leaves we could involve Mike James in this, but I'd rather not get rid of Rip if we're losing Billups too, and I wouldn't see James as the answer at all.

Opinions?