+ Reply to Thread

Thread: College Bball

College Bball

Is Florida a paper tiger? Look at their pussy non-conference schedule. It's even easier than Michigan's:

11/09 St Peter's W 80-51
    11/10 Albany W 83-64
    11/17 at W Forest W 77-72
    11/18 Syracuse W 75-70
    11/25 Florida St W 74-66
    11/28 Alabama St W 87-60
    12/03 C Florida W 80-47
    12/06 at Providence W 87-77
    12/09 Beth-Cook W 88-58
    12/18 Jacksonville W 101-58
    12/22 at Miami W 77-67
    12/30 Florida A&M W 84-47
    01/03 Morgan St 6:00 PM

Duke, Uconn and Villanova have played real teams, so I think they are legit. MSU plays Illinois in a couple days (there is a thread on it), so that will probably decide the top 4 teams in the country (those three and Ill or MSU). I wonder if they can hold on all year and be the top seeds?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Florida isn't the only one. Washington is an overrated joke. Illinois is overrated. There are plenty of them in the Top 15. Conference play will sort that out though.

Speaking of pussy nonconference schedules, check out Syracuse's whack ass schedule. They refuse to leave home. I hate Syracuse and I'm glad Dickie V's been calling them out on it.

I'll come right out and say it I'm a Florida fan first and foremost so whatever i say will probably taken as biased but i'll try and be objective here.....

I'm glad Florida has an easy non-con sched this year because they are an extremely young team. They lost there top 3 scorers to the NBA this year in Roberson Lee and Walsh that accounted for 60% of their scoring

if they had a hard schedule that might break the young kids while this schedule might give them some confidence in their game before they hit the big games

also they did win the preseason tournament beating higher ranked (at the time) syracuse and wake forest along the way

I believe they have to be the favourites for conference champions and they'll have a solid showing in the tournament, i doubt they can get to the finals like they did against MSU a few years back buti think they can do better than last year
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

+ Reply to Thread