+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone play Axis and Allies?

Anyone play Axis and Allies?

My friends and I have played for years and have developed some new strategies. If anyone else plays I am always interested in hearing new strategies and tactics.

I had a couple of friends that I used to play Risk with and one of them tried to get us to transition to this when our interest started waining in Risk. We ended up just going to clubs more often.
    STEW BEEF!

I used to play it A TON. The first round is the key to that game IMO. I basically have the same first moves every time I play that game for each army. After that you have to adapt to how the game is going.

But, here are my first turn moves:

Russia: Use your transport, sub and any planes to take out as many German boats as possible. This is a must. If you do not, the Germans sink the UK navy and UK is basically stranded until they get enough planes to do the job themselves. You should be able to clear the Baltic sea with your two boats and maybe a fighter to be sure. Then hit the property between Germany and the Ukraine territories with everything you can. This will stall them from advancing on you for a turn at the very least. Pump the infantry and just hold out. Also take the Kamchatka areas (2-3 territories of them) and attack the northern most Japan territory). You should be able to hold that for a turn and buy time for UK and US to make factories.

Germany: Sink as much of the UK fleet as possible with boats and any planes needed. No boats means no transporting, and it takes a few turns to re-establish the fleet enough to transport. Take back anything Russia takes, and if you were lucky enough for them not to take the above mentioned territory you should be able to take karilia with the 4 territories within reach. transport some units from italy to africa and wipe out the UK troops there. keep pumping tanks. after first turn just focus on tanks into russia. nothing else matters unless you still have air to hit transports left unguarded.

UK: hopesully your fleet survived. Build a factory on India and bring troops from wherever you can to support it. If that factory survives a turn you should be able to defend Russia's eastern boundary from Japan enough to let them focus on Germany only. Sink whatever German boats are left and transport infantry to scandanavia and walk them to karilia. just keep pumping guys in india and use remaining money to stock karilia. Also take canadian troops to africa on first turn if you can to secure that.

Japan: Factory on the mainland if you can defend it. Sink the Hawaii fleet with all your boats around there. US fleet will be wiped out in one turn. Take China before the US can build a factory there, or India if you can. Pull troops from islands (being sure to sink the UK transport in the India area) since the US fleet will take to long to island hop you.

US: If Germans have edge in africa move your small amount of infantry there to help. build a factory in western china. send a carrier or something to UK waters to defend transports. make either subs or bombers and take out japans fleet. if you kill their boats (even if you lose bombers), your two factories will outlast their transport powers.

Everyone should bomb any factories without aa, which will be the case on all new ones since you'll need the factory space to make actual units.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 06-13-2007 at 10:05 AM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread