+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Izzo visits Keith Nichol

Izzo visits Keith Nichol

Tom Izzo decided to put Michigan State on his back this weekend when he attended Lowell's playoff game. Izzo visited Keith Nichol and put his basketball recruiting skills to work. He let Nichol know that Michigan State is not going to accept mediocrity or below mediocrity with its football program any longer. He assured Keith that MSU would hire the right coach this time.

I tell you what, Izzo just keeps amazing me. What basketball coach would do this for his University? Most basketball coaches would probably be happy with being the program that is center of attention. I don't know if there is another bball coach in the country that would spend his weekend time helping the University/Football program like this. Izzo continues to show what a stand up guy he is.

I tell ya what, hire a HC and let Izzo recruit for the football program too.

Tom Izzo-insert bow down emoticon

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    The kind of response I'd expect from a Michigan fan.

Caputo was talking ... I think Friday night ... about whether Izzo would want any say in the decision of head coach. This seems like a very self-sacrificing way to be involved (I assume Nichol is a player prospect). It might also be a sign that he's going to throw his hat into the ring over who gets to make the final decision as to the head coach. I don't expect Izzo would be cool with putting his rep on the line to players and then watching the administration pick another lunny who blows up every season.
    STEW BEEF!

This is the same Izzo that advised his buddy not to take the job because it was a no-win situation.
    Translation = State football isn't good enough for Izzo's best friend but he's more than willing to look a recruit in the face and lie to him about the direction of the program.
    That's not typicla Michigan response. That's 2+2.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I thought that emoticon was clapping the first time i saw it...now im laughing so damn hard i just shat in my pants....well played mood.

Can someone tell me how this thread is different from the thread that Muhm made ("Stanton Says") and Tre went nuts over, with the exception of the context?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Can someone tell me how this thread is different from the thread that Muhm made ("Stanton Says") and Tre went nuts over, with the exception of the context?
    Its not...Tre just hates me. lol

Izzo is the man and he knows what he has to do. Too bad Nichol got poped and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    This is the same Izzo that advised his buddy not to take the job because it was a no-win situation.
    Translation = State football isn't good enough for Izzo's best friend but he's more than willing to look a recruit in the face and lie to him about the direction of the program.
    That's not typicla Michigan response. That's 2+2.
    Get your facts straight. Izzo never advised Mooch not to take the job. That was an article where a writer thought Izzo might do that. Go to scout.com for proof. That was Michigan created garbage.
    Last edited by Baker; 11-06-2006 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    What in the hell are you talking about? You make no sense at all.

“Stanton say” –an entire thread based on Stanton saying “Michigan’s D is better than OSU’s last year.” -Sorry, not a story

“Izzo visits Nichol” –a thread based on a Basketball Coach spending his own time to go out and ensure a Football recruit that MSU will find a great coach. –Seeing that I’ve never heard of anything like this before, I’d consider it a story.

Found several articles on the Izzo story, didn’t find any about Stanton’s comment. How are they the same in any way? You sound retarded.

More typical Michigan fan stuff. You guys can’t handle one positive thing said about MSU, you have to post something immature or idiotic in the thread. Here you’ve got a coach doing a really cool selfless thing and the thread lights up with Moodini jerking off or Jethro twisting it into Izzo’s a hypocrite story. Absolutely pathetic. Go look at the “Hart best back” thread, the “Michigan’s D” thread, the “Manny to Meeeichigan” thread. Do you see any idiotic “hater” posts by Tre? Nope, because State fans don’t act like middle schoolers.

+ Reply to Thread