+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Repeal of ObamaCare or WaiverCare or something...

The Repeal of ObamaCare or WaiverCare or something...

The house to take it up shortly...thank God.
    Players meeting my ASS!

What are Tahoe's arguments against the health care bill? I'm too lazy to go back and find them and they may not exist anyway with the board fiasco.

I'm not interested in the GOP arguments as I am well aware of those.

Myself I can see the argument against mandating coverage (if you don't have the public option I don't think it can be done). I think the bill is mostly good though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't know where to start, but...

More Gov't in our lives.
    Gov't forcing us to buy something.
    Putting the cost of peeps who do not have HC on the backs of working peeps.
    How the bill will add to the debt and raise taxes.

Just off the top.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Maybe Mxy can help in this because I'm a bit lost. How can a bill that passed two houses of Congress and has been signed by the President be repealed by one single house?

^ It can't.
    Players meeting my ASS!

It's not going to be repealed. The repeal vote is just theater for tea party dupes who will cheer a meaningless vote like it meant something.

^ lol @ Gee for still being derogatory toward the Tea Party after Nov's Election.

Also, to say its not going to repealed is awfully short sighted. I can't say it will be, but my guess is it will be in 2013.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post
    Maybe Mxy can help in this because I'm a bit lost. How can a bill that passed two houses of Congress and has been signed by the President be repealed by one single house?
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic or asking for real, so if you do have a problem with the title...maybe the Mods could add the word 'attempt'? The attempt to repeal WaiverCare?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    ^ lol @ Gee for still being derogatory toward the Tea Party after Nov's Election.

Also, to say its not going to repealed is awfully short sighted. I can't say it will be, but my guess is it will be in 2013.
    Who said anything about 2013? I'm talking about the dog and pony show they're trying to put on right now. A vote that they and everyone else knows can't lead to repeal but they'll do it anyway just to entertain the TP'ers and the TP'ers will eat it up like catnip. Dupes.

Who knows, eventually they might even succeed... it wouldn't be the first time the republican party has convinced turkeys to vote for thanksgiving.
    Last edited by geerussell; 01-18-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell View Post
    Who said anything about 2013? I'm talking about the dog and pony show they're trying to put on right now. A vote that they and everyone else knows can't lead to repeal but they'll do it anyway just to entertain the TP'ers and the TP'ers will eat it up like catnip. Dupes.

Who knows, eventually they might even succeed... it wouldn't be the first time the republican party has convinced turkeys to vote for thanksgiving.
    I did.

And as far as 'can't lead to repeal' I'm not sure why you say that. Can you fill me in on what you are saying. Serious question.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread