+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Dennis Rodman done?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

Is Dennis Rodman done?

Hardly! One team paid Rodman $40 per person that showed up to two basketball games! Long live Dennis Rodman!

ELMIRA -- Dennis Rodman guided the Elmira Bulldogs to their second straight win, but the persona of the former NBA star failed to attract many fans to First Arena again.

The Bulldogs won a close contest against the New York Wizards, 105-103, on Saturday night. The win avenged the Bulldogs' only loss of the season, which came against the Wizards last weekend.

The teams are tied for first place with 7-1 records in the Northern Division of the Eastern Basketball Alliance.

Rodman was paid $40,000 to coach Elmira on Friday and Saturday, filling in for regular Bulldogs coach James Schutz. The games drew only about 600 fans, said Charles Berch, the Bulldogs' director of operations. Estimated attendance Saturday was about 350.

"We got two wins, but at a huge price," Berch said. "We tried to do this because we were trying to get the team on better financial ground, but it backfired on us. The community and the city did not support this event. I'm beginning to think maybe they are not into basketball. Maybe it is just a hockey town.

"It's going to be a miracle making it through the season."

On the court, Kirk Stewart's tip-in off a missed shot by Haron Hargrave with one minute to go broke a 103-103 tie. With three seconds remaining Brandon Lawley blocked a Wizards shot.

"Everyone was expecting me not to show up," Rodman said after the game. "I came down here and I think they appreciated the fact that I do care about them and what they do on the court. I hope you guys can support these guys."

Schutz was appreciative of Rodman's coaching effort.

"He (Rodman) pulled off a masterpiece tonight with the way he was positioning guys at the end of the game," said Schutz, who was an assistant this weekend. "He was 100 percent tonight. We wouldn't have won the game without him."

Rodman was more animated and offered more advice to the Bulldog players on Saturday than he did Friday.

"The guys played their hearts out the last couple of games," Rodman said. "The people that came, (it) was a good thing. They have a good team here."

Elmira's Hargrave, who poured in 41 points, and Stewart credited Rodman for his coaching. Aubin Scott, who had a big second half, had 28 points.

"Rodman was the one who put Lawley in position at the end of the game," Schutz said. "That was huge."
    My heart... is on fire... for Elmira...

First, an audience with Kim Jung Junior, now with the new Pope!

http://www.freep.com/article/2013031...oit+Pistons%29

Remember when he was on Celebrity Rehab? lololol

Your new would-be coach of the Pistons!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ean-hotel.html

Blog Entries
    Making an appearance in GR tomorrow with the Drive
    Find a new slant.

Dennis Rodman helps negotiate world peace -- what could possibly go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rodman
    Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un are pretty much the same.
    https://nypost.com/2018/06/05/dennis...mp-kim-summit/

Rodman's collaborating with Kanye?

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...o-north-korea/

Blog Entries
    Go away, DONEnis.

+ Reply to Thread