+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Game 4 OGT: Life or Death 5/29 8pm ET on ABC Bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Can anybody tell me if this was the same prob the TWolves had in the playoffs under Flipper?
    It's hard to say. Those Timberwolves teams were playing against the 1 or 2 seed most years.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    I vote for Bill Lambieer. All these jump shots are probably making him puke!
    As a player, Laimbeer was far more about the jumper than taking it inside.
    but he believes in hard work and loves pressure situations. Flips offense isnt his problem. its his the base of his philosophy thats not working. too soft, no resistence to taking the shots the defenses want you to take. And no priority on defense.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by TK
    We're fucked. It's over, and not just this series and this season.

The Pistons that we loved to watch over the past 5 years are done. Enjoy watching this group playing together for the last time Wednesday (I think I'll find something better to do that night).
    I dont agree with this. get in a real coach with only half as good an offensive scheme but twice as good a defensive scheme and i'd bet my life savings on them getting back to playing the right way. they need a right way coach, this freedom shit is no good. their shot selection can be iffy at times and they need a coach to purge some of their impulses when they get bogged down into doing shit like rip taking people off the dribble getting a turnover on the pass. they arent robots, that playing the right way coaching went a longer way than it was given credit for.

I think Joe Dumars has be better about picking a coach. find a diamond in the rough. Flip is a Darko pick. Meaning that he is a good coach, but not for this team.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by realistic
    The Suns shoot wide open jumpers. We shoot contested jumpers. Analogy breaks down.
    There was no analogy, you might want to look that word up. Anyways, my point is that the problem is not jumpers (which seems to be what many here think) but the settling for bad jumpers.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    One of my less-favorite moments was Chauncey taking an ill-advised 20' jumper after no ball movement with 15 seconds left on the shotclock, out of a timeout. I'm sure that was exactly the play Flip called and Chauncey just didn't make his shot, so Flip sucks at plays out of timeouts -- right?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    I'm sure that was exactly the play Flip called and Chauncey just didn't make his shot, so Flip sucks at plays out of timeouts -- right?
    yep he does. even if billups altered it. because you no command over your players if they dont even run your set play. so either way, no Flip can't coach well out of timeouts about 80 percent of the time.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread