+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28
FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Lions Draft 2007

Well, I'm really happy with CJ at #2, not sure happy with Stanton in the 2nd (not that he isn't worth it, we just have other needs and could have gotten a guy who could start). As for the other guys, Ikaika Alma-Francis seems to have all of the tools and was highly touted but is inexperienced and might be a year or two away. Gerald Alexander is solid but was taken a round too early. AJ Davis was a pretty good pick at the spot but there were a few other guys that I would have rather taken. Ramirez was touted as a decent lineman so it's not a bad pick either.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    You're jumping in on an old convo Chris and you really don't know what we're talking about. Jethro went off saying "Bush is the most overrated player in college football." He said this before his last season at USC. I completely disagreed with him. Then Bush went on to win the Heisman trophy. Obviously, he wasn't even close to overrated in COLLEGE.

Then he followed it up by saying prior to this year that OSU's offense was overrated (preseason) and that their offense wouldn't be that good. Then they hung 40+ on Michigan in the game of the decade or whatever fraud tag they gave it.
    Bump. This is for Tre. It's not about the draft, but it's about the side conversation of people being overrated. In fact, this isn't even about football right now. I just wanted to reference Jason Stark's "The Stark Truth". He talks about how baseball players such as Sandy Koufax, Lou Brock, and currently Andruw Jones are among the most overrated players of all time. It's a great article, and one that explains the true definition of overrated. Here's a quote from the article, refering at the end to Andruw Jones.
    Overrated-underrated isn't a study in talent. It's a study of how what we perceive differs from what's actually going on out there. And Jones was good enough to turn himself into a fabulous poster boy for that study.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2880979
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...son&id=2880887

I really think we should cut these posts out of this thread and make a whole overrated/underrated thread for all of sports. I'm not sure where to put it though, and not being in the Syndicate I'm not sure how much I can take from and add to posts across forums. Maybe the "Other Sports" forum, but I'm not sure how many people go there on a regular basis. Maybe some threads like this could spice it up, who knows. I do think it's a great debate though.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

If you want just cut the posts and make a new thread here. Then I can move the discussion to the Other Sports forum. I'm furiously working on the mock and don't have time to do anything besides moving a thread.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread