+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: And the Detroit Lions select: Ernie Sims, Daniel Bullocks, Brian Calhoun

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity
    It's good that he was taken ahead of us JS, otherwise you'd be super pissed when Millen passed on him. They said yesterday that they had no intention of taking guys with mental baggage and off the field issues. So Jimmy and Winston were out.
    If they were so adamant about not taking guys with off-the-field issues, why did they take Sims?

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber
    Well, you guys STILL managed to draft Fred Matua...in the 7th fucking round.

Millen should still be canned. This draft is pretty bad, even for the Lions.
    I think we did pretty good. Nothing too flashy, but we got solid, starting caliber players that we needed. I think we did great, actually. Sims is going to make some noise and Bullocks is a player. He's going to surprise some people. How the hell can you complain about a seventh rounder?? What's wrong with you??
    LOL. Compliment, not a complaint.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsity
    It's good that he was taken ahead of us JS, otherwise you'd be super pissed when Millen passed on him. They said yesterday that they had no intention of taking guys with mental baggage and off the field issues. So Jimmy and Winston were out.
    If they were so adamant about not taking guys with off-the-field issues, why did they take Sims?
    For the same reason we took a RB even though the intend or already re-signed Pinner, Bryson and Harris. This is the Lions, this is Matt Millen. I think they look at Sims family and the fact that his father is a preacher and perhaps looked past his day in the life of Jason Kidd. Also, one issue he didn't have is hard work. A knock on both Jimmy Williams and Winston Justice.

+ Reply to Thread