+ Reply to Thread

Thread: advice: looking for an online PC fps

advice: looking for an online PC fps

im looking for FPS for my laptop. i just spruced it up to 2 gigs of ram, and want to play a fun first person shooter online.

a few preferences:

1) online mode must be popular and free. preferably online mode is gonna be active for a bit longer, too.

2) game is not new new. my laptop runs pretty well, but its still a laptop. i dont want anything too demanding, i'd also prefer to beable to buythe game used. im not really down with paying 60 dollars for a video game.

3) i dont really care what kind of fps it is. i loved the first halo for xbox, and was about as good as it gets at that game (i won campustourny with a friend who was a little better than me. dorky, but we each got 100 dollars for playing video games). i also like the medal of honor games. as long as the online is good, ill be happy.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Not sure about online communities, but F.E.A.R, UT3, and Quake 4 are fun and have online play. Even though UT3 is new it runs pretty smooth on not so crazy PCs and definitely has a large community, always has always will.

what about call of duty 4? ill check out ut3

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I'm too lazy to get into COD, so I don't know.

I'm trying to figure out what Wii FPS to get. I like the COD series, but I want something multiplayer (and not online) because I mostly play with friends in person. I think Ghost Squad is the only multiplayer shooter from what I've seen. There is a cool shooter coming out next month, but it's not multiplayer either. Anybody know of a good one coming out? I'd even take just 2 player co-op like Halo.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    Half-Life 2.

+ Reply to Thread