+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yanks-Red Sox rivalry

Blog Entries

Yanks-Red Sox rivalry

I thought it might be a good idea to have a Yankees-Red Sox thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2440246

Boss blasts A-Rod, Yanks after loss to BoSox

ESPN.com news services

It didn't take long for The Boss to get mad about the Yankees' 14-3 loss to the Red Sox on Tuesday.

According to New York media reports, a clearly angry George Steinbrenner left Yankee Stadium in the eighth inning. Later, he vented his frustration to a group of reporters.

When asked what he thought of the game, Steinbrenner said, "What did you think of the game?" He then jabbed his fingers at reporters and repeated, "What did you think?"

Steinbrenner avoided singling out Randy Johnson, who gave up seven runs and five walks in 3 2/3 innings.

"I'm upset at a lot of them," he said, before adding, "The third baseman."

Alex Rodriguez made a pair of errors at third base and 21-year-old Melky Cabrera, brought up when Gary Sheffield went on the disabled list before the game, dropped a fly to right field by Ramirez for a two-run error. New York, which allowed six unearned runs, had 12 errors coming in, tied for the second-fewest in the majors.

"Overall we just had an awful game. I had a real bad game," Rodriguez said.

Steinbrenner's mood was in stark contrast to his attitude before the game, when he said he expected the Yankees to play well against the Red Sox.
    Last edited by Glenn; 05-10-2006 at 04:41 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Crazy old fart needs to calm the hell down.

I'm watching the game now and I'm starting to dislike Ortiz. His fat ass is hogging the shit out of the plate and pitchers can't get him out.

I love Ortiz. Dude just flat out hits the ball.

Three seperate times have the Red Sox loaded the bases with less than two outs, and none of them ended up scoring.

LOL@Boston

Blog Entries
    I thought this was due for a bump with a huge 5 game series starting today with a day/night doubleheader.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Weird start to the game.

Yanks get a run in the 1st on 3 hits.

Boston gets a man to 2nd with one out on a double and Wang gets Ortiz to fly out and make it two outs.

Torre then decides to intentionally walk ManRam in the 1st inning with one on and two out to get to Youkilis.

He's lucky that worked out, that doesn't send a very good signal to your team IMO.
    Find a new slant.

Manny Ramirez goes deep off Wang.

And that's why you IBB Manny to get to a 2nd tier 1st basemen.

Most overrated rivalry in sports - it has the hatred, but everyone is SO TIRED of hearing about it that it pisses them off.

New England/New York can enjoy their rivarly.... the rest of the baseball world could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    Manny Ramirez goes deep off Wang.

And that's why you IBB Manny to get to a 2nd tier 1st basemen.
    In the 7th, 8th or 9th inning, sure.

I'd disagree with intentionally walking Jesus in the 1st inning.

But he's Joe Torre and I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Most overrated rivalry in sports - it has the hatred, but everyone is SO TIRED of hearing about it that it pisses them off.

New England/New York can enjoy their rivarly.... the rest of the baseball world could care less.
    I usually would agree, but I'm watching this closely because it actually has a chance to have something to do with the Tigers this year.

This is a huge series, with a major impact on the AL East and the AL Wildcard race.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-18-2006 at 03:28 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Jesus only has 7 homeruns for the Royals this year, so I wouldn't walk him either...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread