Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1100

Thread: Political news, yo.

Blog Entries
    Sessions finally shitcanned
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Does Ginsburg goeth before a fall?

I happened to be listening to the press conference on the radio.
    I thought the guy was as rude as Trump.
    I had no idea that I was missing so much by not seeing the video.
    If this is really doctored... sheesh.

In much the same manner that I'm generally against civil and criminal charges for the same act, I'm against federal and state charges for the same act.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/2165392002/

Look at the penalties that didn't happen for people on the wrong side of "justice". For all the riots resulting from the initial Rodney King verdict (mentioned in the article), nothing happened to the prosecution who failed to get a verdict. The junior DA who failed here is still around doing his thing. The senior DA who should've taken the case personally was replaced by someone equally incompetent at high-profile cases (just ask OJ). One of Rodney King's jurors got engaged to him -- I guess a few million dollars makes for some nice beer goggles, but that's fucked.

Using double jeopardy as a way of masking a fucked-up legal system's inadequacies is bullshit, in my book, because it doesn't lead to fixing the bullshit that got people there in the first place. If you're going to prosecute, choose jurisdiction and type of crime carefully. Fix your fucked-up complexities and bullshit before inflicting it upon others repeatedly.
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 12-18-2018 at 08:54 AM.

The Democratic Virginia Governor crap just boggles me.
    How the fuck does someone make it through a dozen years of high-profile elected politics before someone digs up their yearbook?
    No one did opposition research? Really?
    Oh, as someone who worked on a yearbook, I can't imagine some KKK blackface picture would've even been published in the '80s.
    Doesn't look good for whoever the editor of that yearbook is.

How the heck did Trudeau's blackface not get exposed until now?
    Prince Harry dresses as a Nazi and that's immediate news.
    Weird.

Oh, and on a different note -- http://www.donald2024.com

Liberals don't care what liberals do. They even go as far as to make excuses for their behavior. They only have faux outrage when Conservatives do it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

It Happened!
    Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

I don't get Sanders lack of appeal with blacks. The guy was arrested for protesting segregation. He was there when MLK gave "I Have A Dream". This isn't about "lied about civil rights marches" Biden. Before he stopped his run, "stop and frisk" Bloomberg was leading Sanders with blacks. This isn't about "most likely to beat Trump". Until South Carolina, Sanders would usually have the biggest margin of victory in polls against Trump, even post-heart attack. He'd certainly raised the most money apart from the self-funding billionaires.

But then again, I expected Kamala Harris to be in the lead by now, so what do I know.

Biden seems like a nice guy, but I don't see anyone being excited to vote _for_ him unless he knocks it out of the park with a VP choice. He biffed what is still the most important vote of the 21st century, permitting Dubya to invade the wrong damn country. He was tapped as the establishment guy for VeePee to counterbalance the audacity of Barack Obama being black. He's just as big a gaffe machine as Trump, which probably masks cognitive decline. Judging by how his cell phone spooks him, he's a tech illiterate. Yeah.... that's the dog-faced pony soldier we need.

+ Reply to Thread