+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: t-mac

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    no, i will not let this die.

heres another reason for joe to make this trade: t-mac has avged ~26 ppg against san an over the last 3 years.
    42% shooting, and TMac missed 5 out of 14 games against the Spurs since the 2005 season, so I could argue that's 26*(9/14) or 17 ppg -- or worse. TMac's never made it past the first round, and my hunch is that he'd get worn down just when we'd need him. Or, Kander intervenes and says "play him 30 minutes instead of 40", and there goes our TMac advantage. And who's to say that those 26 ppg don't come at the expense of other people not getting as involved with the offense because TMac needs the ball in his hands moreso than Rip does?

BB has dominated our scorers probably worse than anyone else in the league. imo, he was the true finals mvp in '05. it would be a real plus to bring in a guy that no one on san antonio (the heavy favorite to be the WC champ) can stop.
    Rip seems to have worked out his Bowen woes since then, to the tune of 45% shooting and 18 ppg. Of course, that's only a 4-game sample size.

The only reason Bowen could smother Chauncey late in the 2005 Finals was because Rip was worn down and incapable of abusing the TP mismatch as he should've. In 2006, every coach of a team with a zippy PG thought they could use the PG to fluster Rip, and Rip would post and torch them. Afflalo is the best thing that could happen to Rip as far as keeping minutes down and keeping him sharp.

I don't get this hard-on for TMac at all, especially given his injury history. He's not getting any healthier AFAICT. He's not enough "better" to take the gamble.

cuz right now, if im in uber homer mode, i can ignore our twin playoff exits from the last two years and say we should make it out of the east.

but you have to assume we'd play SA in the finals. and still in homer mode, ill say we have as good, if not slightly better talent than the spurs. but it will be close. when when the talent is a draw, it comes down to coaching. and i dont like our chances of winning a title if it comes down to flip having to out gameplan poppovich.

I like the idea of trying to upgrade to put us over the top, but an injury prone shooter that has never made it out of the first round just doesn't seem like a huge upgrade to me.
    _

right, hes not perfect. ive criticized him before. i personally prefer players who have got some seasoning in the NCAA's, because i think thats where you learn about winning.

and his durability is a huge concern.

but those two critic's of t-mac are why we are his ideal destination. we've got that culture of winning, and we have the best training staff in the league.

im not at all worried about him Fing with chemistry, or hogging the ball. hes very sheed like in that respect. hes excellent at moving the ball, and unselfish almsot to a fault.

t-mac playing well is a huge upgrade over rip.

and who else could we bring in to upgrade the five, realistically?

the only position we could clearly upgrade is the two, and of the 2 guards in the league i consider clear upgrades over rip (james, kobe, pierce, wade, t-mac) i think only t-mac, and MAYBE wade would possibly be available. and i'd bet anything miami would never trade wade to us, if they would trade him at all.

tmac was my favorite player whilke he was on the magic with gooden, tmac was my favorite player when he lost to the jazz and cried, tmac was my favorite player until he kept getting injured this year. tmac was the shit until this year.

I wouldnt trade tmac for rip unless tmac was guaranteed that he could play the whole season without him getting injured. tmacs never gonna have to play more than he needs to because we have reliable bench now.

I'd take a healthy tmac over rip 10/10. He provides much more athleticism, a killer instinct an d much better overall game. can take over the game if our offense isnt working, but we got so many options now that isnt even necessary for that. If stuckey can come off the bench and score when hes given the ball, we dont need tmac.

maybe this trade needs to be reconsidered at the deadline wen we can get all our trading pieces together and reevaluate stuckey but for now, keep rip and billups in the back court.

If I could have anyone's jumper, it would be Tmac's. Allen's might be truer and their might be others with a better one but no one looks sweeter when their J is on then Tmac.
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5412360.html

T-Mac could miss up to three weeks
    Rockets star says knee rehab likely to take more time

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Though officially listed as "day-to-day" and out tonight against the Warriors, Rockets guard Tracy McGrady said his time away to rehabilitate a sore left knee likely will be measured in weeks rather than days.

McGrady, 28, said Sunday he has been told he could miss three weeks because of a "deep bone bruise." He missed games last week against the Grizzlies and Raptors and doubts he will play Wednesday against the Celtics or Friday against the Magic.

"I'm the same," McGrady said. "They told me three weeks. I don't have a timetable. I can't do anything about it. It's not tendinitis. It's a deep bone bruise. I'm just doing therapy every day. I lost the strength in my leg. I'll see how I feel toward the end of the week, but Boston, doubtful, Orlando, doubtful."

McGrady, the Rockets' leader in scoring and assists this season, has been able to start and complete just one of the Rockets' past five games, going out at halftime Dec. 19 against the Magic and early in the second half Dec. 23 against the Pistons.

"He's making good progress," trainer Keith Jones said. "He's got the pain out. He's gotten stronger. We'll just take it day-to-day after tomorrow and see how he's feeling."

tonight made it 21. 8 of which sans YM. i was getting ready to say maybe its yao that will become available, but i thought he missed the entire winning streak.

after this one, im thinking any opportunity there was to steal t-mac is now gone.

+ Reply to Thread