+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Capital One Bowl, Michigan vs. Florida (New Year's Day, 1 pm ABC)

OGT: Capital One Bowl, Michigan vs. Florida (New Year's Day, 1 pm ABC)

Lloyd apparently just said RR will have full access to the team during bowl preperation.

Anyone else hear this?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Didn't hear it.

Hopefully that will be LC's position
    Players meeting my ASS!

I think they should not start changing the offense in short time... it would be a penalty / turnover fest.... maybe just add a couple wrinkles (every wrinkle = an inch).

I'd be happy if LC just lets him watch.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Maybe he'll let RR get Flip Murray/garbage time as they're getting blown out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman
    Maybe he'll let RR get Flip Murray/garbage time as they're getting blown out.

Like Conner Dixon will get in the Champs Sports Bowl?

I'm guessing that LC has invited RR to be there as a chance to get to know the players that will be around next year. I think any time he can get watching the kids in practice and in a game during "live" action will be beneficial to the players and to what he is trying to do for the future.

It will be nice to give players a chance to get to know him. That can only help, and I'm sure Lloyd, like Bo, wants to see Michigan continue to be successful, even if it means changing times.
    From what I hear RR has a great personality and his players always loved him, so the more time he spends with guys that could be threats to transfer or leave via the draft, the better.
    As much as many people are ready to kiss Mallett goodbye, I can't imagine that would be a great thing. Let's say we do get Pryor and he comes out right away and he's just foolsgold early. He has athletic ability but isn't ready for 100,000 fans. It's always nice to have an experienced guy around. People say he has a bad attitude and he's uncoachable, but it seems like he has gotten along with a number of guys, can joke around with them, and made some changes and improvements, albeit not as quickly as Henne did as a freshman.
    If RR can keep guys like Manningham, Arrington, and Terrance Taylor it would obviously help a great deal.
    And as for inserting some plays - I don't necessarily think it would be a mess. 4 plays. That's it. All from the same formation. Seriously, the team has two weeks to get them down. A spread formation with an inside handoff, a QB keeper option if the defense shows it, and two different passing formations. Just enough to keep the defense honest and give them a look they've never been able to scout from UM before. At the very least, make them check WVU film because they think it could be coming.
    Opposing defenses can ALWAYS have 8 in the box against UM. Just a wrinkle for when the middle gets too congested would be fantastic. Let Hart go out with a bang. Henne can throw the quick hitter if Florida doesn't respect the spread. It actually could do a lot to improve the draft stock of Henne and Hart if they pick it up well.
    Not sure if there's anything they could do to help the defense, outside of giving the personnel a better explanation of what stops certain plays. Actually, if they could use RR to study Florida and run the offense through some of the things if ONLY for the fact that it could give the defense good practice, it would be a great thing.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    UM will get smoked

converted to OGT

Goodbye now Lloyd Carr

haiku
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread