• No

1 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wil Ledezma's Official Avery Johnson For Head Coach Campaign Thread

Blog Entries

Wil Ledezma's Official Avery Johnson For Head Coach Campaign Thread

Why Avery Johnson should be our next head coach...

- He had a tough jig in Dallas, it's not easy to work under a "hands on" guy like Mark Cuban...

- Even despite working under Cuban, he still managed to win well over 70% of his games, including a league best 66 wins last year

- He was a product of having a soft superstar (Dirk)

- We like to talk about how Flip doesn't have any playoff track record, and even though Avery hasn't gotten out of Rd 1 in the last two years, he did take that Mavs team to the Finals just 2 years ago (and probably should've won the damn thing if it wasn't for all those phantom foul calls)

- Avery's a former player, he's young, enthusiastic, and preaches defense, I don't think he would have nearly as hard of a time trying to gain the players respect as Flip had. He wouldn't put up with nonchalant play...

- He's won a ring as a player, he's a deciple of Pops, so the experience track record is there (from a player perspective)

- Simply put, he's the best available.

Another Guy I Would Consider

Mike Woodson (if he isn't retained in Atlanta)

I've always liked Avery Johnson, even when he was coaching the Mavs (who I despise). He seems like a tough guy, and even though he's a little person I still think the guys would respect him. He won a lot of games, but of course always fell short come playoff time...which was more his shitty teams fault.

I'm not going to be satisfied unless Flip is gone. I hated the hire 3 years ago and he has done nothing to make me like him as a coach. He lost for how many years straight in the first round, 6? Before finally making it to the WCF. Same thing here except he inherited a better team in a shitty conference. His teams never make it over the hump.

So anybody but Flip right now sounds good to me.

I have to wait and see what happens to the team first. If we completely blow it up (ie for young inexperienced players) I don't know if we'd want Avery just yet, although it would be fun to see him inspire a bunch of young, athletic guys to play some D and have everyone fly around the whole game.

If we only make some minor adjustments and still are considered championship contenders, then by all means, I say we do it.

Blog Entries
    I'm not interested in the Little General.

I think we're looking at Curry or Tom Izzo and that's about it.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I don't want Izzo, he can't control NBA egos, let his first job be for a team that has no pressure...

Blog Entries
    I don't want him either, for the record.
    Find a new slant.

I think AJ would be the disciplinarian this team needs. Not calling him the greatest coach ever or anything of the sort, just saying he'd be the right change of pace for this group.

Bring in AJ, and bring Dirk with him. Sheed and Amir for Dirk. Along with the pick we'll eventually get from Minnesota. Make it happen.

While he's in some ways too much like Sheed in terms of not going down low enough, and he's not as good defensively, he doesn't cry as much, he's more consistent, and he's more willing to rebound.

alsomanypeoplewilltalkabouthowthatwouldneverhappen andtheywouldhateitanyway
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    Oh God, I'd rather have neither Sheed or Dirk than just have Dirk...

Whooops. I was so excited to nuke it, I ended up with a huge nuke. Someone fix it for me with the unity nuke sig, I'm too lazy.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread