+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: "TenuousWatch" 2007/08

"The Closers" by Michael Connelly, p. 261 (paperback)

"This bit about him burglarizing a drive-in movie theater where the victim and her friends liked to go is tenuous at best. You really put me on the spot here..."

Blog Entries
    Kidd trade will be saved, and it could save Mavs
    Fort Worth Star-Telegram columnist Jim Reeves: "The deal, Cuban said, isn't dead, though it remains on tenuous life support while the Mavs and Nets try to figure out if there's a way to structure it without the reluctant George."
    Find a new slant.

Street children

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
    Please improve this article if you can. (August 2007)
    Afghan street urchin smiles for the camera in downtown Kabul, Afghanistan (June 2003).

The term street children is used to refer to children who live on the streets. They are deprived of family care and protection. Most children on the streets are between the ages of 10 and 14 years old, and their populace between different cities is varied. 'Street children' or 'street urchins' are homeless children who live on the street. In particular, those that are not taken care of by parents or other adults. Street children live in abandoned buildings, containers, automobiles, parks, or on the street itself. A great deal has been written defining street children. The problem is that there are no precise categories but rather a continuum ranging from children who spend some time in the streets but basically live at home to those who live entirely in the streets and have no adult supervision or care.
    A widely accepted set of definitions, commonly attributed to UNICEF, defines street children into two main categories:
    1. Children on the street are those engaged in some kind of economic activity ranging from begging to vending. Most go home at the end of the day and contribute their earnings to their family. They may be attending school and retain a sense of belonging to a family. Because of the economic fragility of the family, these children may eventually opt for a permanent life on the streets.
    2. Children of the street actually live on the street (or outside of a normal family environment). Family ties may exist but are tenuous and are maintained only casually or occasionally.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Not since Jan. 27 have the Rockets lost a game, and the 12-point victory Sunday represented the 14th time in the past 18 games they had won by double digits. Houston has gone 31-3 in its past 34 games to move from out of the playoff picture in the hypercompetitive West to atop the entire conference.

"I'm sure you'd like to have it 16 games from now, but having it now -- I'd rather be there than in the 10th spot," Houston coach Rick Adelman said. "We know it's just so tenuous that everything's going to change as we go, but today we had a challenge -- we had to beat the Lakers to get that [top] spot, and we did it. Now we have the best team in the East coming in here Tuesday, and that'll be our next challenge."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

The speaker at the law library where I work used "tenuous, at best" today. I laughed and people looked at me funny. Maybe laughing isn't the best idea when someone is giving a speech about the psychology of sex offenders....
    _

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN.com
    Ian Kennedy, Yankees
    Kennedy was knocked around again, this time at home by the Tigers (four runs on five hits and three walks in 4 2/3 innings). His ERA now sits at 8.37, and his rotation spot is tenuous, at best. The Yankees could send him to the bullpen -- or Triple-A -- soon.
    Find a new slant.

Her hotness is tenouos, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    Zett
    Hossa
    Franz

If Zett and Hossa are both asking for a ton of money and the two of them would make signing depth difficult, then Zett and Franz is cool too. But.. I've seen little this year, and the most dedicated viewings I've had of the Wings they sucked octo butt, so my take is tenuous at best in regards to Hossa.
    Well played.

This thread is classic...

Blog Entries
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...421397713.html

@ 1:20
    "Very tenuous connection, at best"

+ Reply to Thread