+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Year, New Style

Thumbs up New Year, New Style

I'm liking the direction our threads are going so far this year with the exception of the small rants in the Big Ten thread. Seems like its a little more objective and a little less terrordome than last year.

Which made me consider changing my style. Usually I like getting caught up in the terrordome UM-MSU wars. I don't know that I'm feeling it anymore. I think I've probably said this several times in years past, but I'm going with a new objective discussion style. Maybe some others can join me for the better of the threads.

Seems like every single thread last year turned into one giant terrordome war over MSU and UM. I'm steering clear of it this year. Hopefully we can have some better discussions this way if others follow suit.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    While I agree that things are somewhat reserved right now, just wait until games start. No matter what your intentions are going into the season it is inevitable that come kick-off on September 2nd things will get at least a little nasty.

That's usually the way it goes. I'm going to try to fight it this year though and only take part in good discussions.

Wow Tre, it took you all of 24 hours to lose your new style. You make that post and then follow it by ripping Michigan fans for ripping another team for NCAA violations and ripping Carr and predicting Notre Dame wins by 2-3 scores. Sure sounds like you're being VERY objective.
    Look, I have no problem with the idea of being objective. Part of the reason the forum has been a bit more tame is that you've probably noticed me be a lot more fair and giving State much more credit than I usually would. So I can do it. But don't request a new attitude of objectivity and follow it up with jabs at Michigan that clearly aren't objective.
    (insert flame war, lol)
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Tre, your location is absolute bullshit! We all know Henne is the best QB in the nation and Michigan is going to wipe the floor with your green little bitch asses. haha.

But seriously, do you really think Stanton is the best QB in the country? CORNBREAD! I'd take Troy Smith or Brady Quinn in a heartbeat over the drunken sailor who can't even lead his team to a .500 record.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I didn't lose any objectivity Jethro. Michigan has had maybe the biggest NCAA violations of any school in the country. Therefore if their fans rip OSU for violations, I'm going to point out the fact that it is hilarious.

I never ripped Lloyd Carr. Why don't you read it over again. I said he has the ability to change the ND game.

Predicting an ND win by 2-3 scores is not getting away from objectivity. Come October I bet there will be quite a few experts picking the same thing. Hell, your own wolverine fans are predicting a loss. Anybody outside of Ann Arbor and maybe even some in Ann Arbor expect UM to lose that one. Am I not allowed to pick against Michigan. Take your blinders off homie, I'm not ripping Michigan. It just looks like ND's program is in 5th gear while UM's is still in Reverse. Moodini even agrees they'll lose.

+ Reply to Thread