+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate my mock GM job

Rate my mock GM job

I participated in a user mock draft on the Sports Inferno forum. Each poster took a team. I chose the Patriots. Each poster drafted for that team. Here is who I drafted:

Pick #21: Lendale White - RB, USC
    I was targeting a LB like Ryans here, but couldn't pass up on White. Dillon is getting old, and isn't the power RB that their offense calls for anyway.

Pick #47: Thomas Howard - LB, UTEP
    Howard is one of the best LB's after Hawk and Greenway. He will help a lot in an injury depleted LB group.

Pick #77: Demetrius Williams - WR, Oregon
    Troy Brown is retiring, Branch is a FA. Williams will step in as the third WR with a chance to be more.

Pick # 85: Daniel Bullocks - S, Nebraska
    A solid playmaker center fielder will help a lot in Billicek's defense.

What do you think?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Since Ryans is supposedly a dumbass thanks to his Wonderlic score and bad workouts, that was probably a good pick. The Patriots with a power RB would be crazy.

People heap on a lot of praise about Howard, but he is a pretty good LB, so I don't mind that pick.

I'm a huge fucking homer, but the Williams pick is SOLID. He's a playmaker.

A safety in the later rounds is a decent choice for the Patriots, but they might go O-line or do something screwy with it.

Good job overall.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

I think they might be looking to add a CB. But outside of that it's a good draft so far.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Looks good to me.

That safety pick's in the third, not the later rounds. I doubt they'd do anything too crazy there other than maybe trade.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    I think they might be looking to add a CB. But outside of that it's a good draft so far.
    Yeah, I wanted to add a CB in the third as well, but there was a lot of them taken. Instead I chose to add a good safety since their secondary could use help anywhere really. They could always add a FA CB like Woodsen.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread