+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Sparties at NW

OGT: Sparties at NW

Ok, I'm not a State fan and it's understandable that State fans feel nothing about this game going into it. At 3-4 the season is clearly upsetting and a visit to 2-5 Northwestern is merely a blip on the college football radar. Having lost 4 in a row, basketball season is coming and the focus, wisely, has shifted.

But someone has to talk about this game still. The future of the program is in the balance here. It seemed clear coming into the game that John L. has to go at the end of the year.

But I'm checking out this game and I see tons on mental mistakes and I see 17-3 early in the 2nd quarter. What is going on? Even as a Michigan fan, and taking into consideration that the team has no faith in JLS and several players are banged up, is there not more pride than this? How can this team be content with this type of performance? Can Spartan fans have any confidence that your fairly nice recruiting class will stay intact?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz

Good gosh! Can it get worse? To start the 2nd half (down 24-7) State finally gets a 3-and-out from Northwestern. What do they do with it? Rough the kicker. Brilliant. Next play for Northwestern goes for 52 yards. 2 plays later it's now 31-3.

Tre actually called me at halftime. During part of our conversation, he expressed his hope that State would announce the firing of JLS before the second half.

Moodini asked me yesterday if I thought State would win this game. I said yes and I thought they could ring up a few wins in a row given the schedule. However, I told him that even though I always want State to win, I don't want a few wins to save John L.

Well, looks like John L. took care of that himself. I don't want to hear excuses about injuries, etc. All those injuries did was make your talent even with NW. Thank you John L. for cleaning up our program. Now you can leave. I'll be furious if they don't fire him after today. They might as well fire him and get working on a new coach. Start talking to Mooch now. Get a coach in place so that he can recruit right away.

Thanks for the custodian work Johnny, Peace Out!

might be giving up to early huh?

looks like state has a chance in this one now.

say what you will, stanton's made some real gutsy scrambles this drive, 31-38.

wow. What a collapse! I give State a ton of credit for coming back here. 38-38 and they just picked it off. Looks like they'll likely win after all. This will be huge for them.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Holy Shit, I don't know that I've ever seen a bigger comeback in college football history! It's 38-3 in the third quarter and I like the rest of the Spartan World called for John L.'s head. I leave the TV running, walk over to the computer to sticky the Who Will Replace John L. thread and as I'm doing so the unthinkable occurs! Wow!

38 Unanswered points!? Down 35 well into the third quarter and you win? Let's get all the obvious things out of the way, they shouldn't have been in that position. But, as a Spartan Football Fan, we don't get many sun shiny days in late October so I'm going to enjoy this one. I'll readily eat my words. You gotta give it up to those players. Jethro and I were just on the phone and we both seemed to agree. If we were on the field and it was 38-3, it would be extremely difficult to put in a good effort. I can't believe they came back.

I tip my hat the Spartans today. I know I would have given up. Hopefully they can take this momentum with them and string a few together.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    say what you will, stanton's made some real gutsy scrambles this drive, 31-38.
    The dude is so battered it is ridiculous. When he walks around it makes me hurt. It looks like his ribs, thumb, and ankle are all killing him.

I was so happy for him though late in the fourth. He leads them down the field. Scrambles out of a heavy rush, throws a TD pass while getting drilled to tie the score at 38. He lays on the ground with his hands up and the announcer says,

"What a leader!"

I got out of my chair, smiled, and walked over to our >>Mummy<< Halloween decoration and flicked it off.

This was sweet. The commentator said it ws the biggest come back in Division 1a history.
    Quiet err, im transmitting rage

+ Reply to Thread