+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Cleveland Rebuilding strategy....

The Cleveland Rebuilding strategy....

Do you think its viable? Basically they have agreed to take on the most horrendous of contracts on decent players as long as a top pick is attached.

I am going to argue that Baron Davis and (if they are lucky) 2 top 3 picks, and JJ Hickson will beat the snot out of us next season. They have numerous contracts that expire next season, and very feasibly can afford to do the same thing.

For a cold market team that is not a big city like Chicago, is using your cap essentially as a buffer to notch top draft picks (at least until you have ones worth keeping anyway) every year an idea. Trading your expiring every season for a decent way overpriced player with 1-2 years left on their deal and a first rounder. Roll it up and repeat it every season.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Clipps did this for like forever and kept losing, right? Bulls did it for 10 years before getting it right finally. Losing breeds losing I feel until one of those lottery picks turns into a transcendent player like Rose.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Pacers were apparently planning some different creative "undesirable market" strategies, too. Bird was on the record about 6 months ago or so about turning all of their expiring contracts into big trade acquisitions, rather than trying to create cap space for free agents that likely wouldn't come to Indiana anyways.

I was really intrigued by that idea, until it just didn't happen.

I dig this kind of stuff, though, you know, actually thinking about and planning these things, rather than just throwing shit at the wall like Dumars does.
    Find a new slant.

The worst part of it is we won't even have big expirings next year to take advantage of.

This is a good thread. Our next GM will have to work 'outside of the box' to fix this team.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I made a bunch of trade proposals that were in the same vein as Cleveland's strategy.

Where were you hoes then?

You made a bunch of trades that meant adding long term contracts to a team that won't prolong their salary obligations because the ownership question is uncertain?

We were probably ignoring your nonsense.
    STEW BEEF!

Yeah, all those posts came during my semester abroad in Afghanistan, when I was living under a fucking rock.

+ Reply to Thread