+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should the AP vote Utah #1?

Should the AP vote Utah #1?

I think Utah has a legit case this year. Sometimes you get undefeated teams that played nobody. But, Utah won at Michigan (when they scheduled that it was considered a very tough test), against Oregon State (ranked Pac 10 team), and Alabama (top 5 team from SEC).

So they beat 3 ranked BCS schools plus 2 ranked teams in their conference.

They may not be the best team in the country, but who has proven they are not?

Utah's AD (the state) is investigating the situation because non-BCS conferences get a lot less money from BCS Bowl appearences amongst other disadvantages:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3814472
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't think they are the best team in the country and I don't even know if they would make a final four in a 16 team playoff, but I have no problem with them being voted #1 on Sunday. I think its impressive to go through a full schedule and be undefeated at any level.

P.S. I know we'll never get a real playoff, but god this screams out for it in a major way. **** the BCS!!!

Well there are going to be 4 teams with a legit claim to #1...

Utah - undefeated, beat 5 ranked teams (3 BCS, only one at home).
    Texas - 1 loss, beat the current #1 team and 4 other ranked teams.
    *Florida - 1 loss, beat 6 ranked teams, including #1 twice
    *Oklahoma - 1 loss, beat 7 ranked teams
    USC - 1 loss, beat 4 ranked teams

*loser drops off this list.

Texas beat Oklahoma, nobody else played head to head on this list. Suppose Oklahoma wins. How do you put them ahead of Texas who beat them? How do you exclude Utah? This thing is a mess.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I think if Florida wins my rankings are:

1-Florida (beat #1 twice in a row)
    2-Utah
    3-Texas
    4-USC

If Oklahoma wins it's a lot trickier.

Makes no sense to me. They all have claims to be #1 and I think the BCS screws it up every year. Let the pollsters vote and then be done with it. Math makes things complicated.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Yeah, I'm going to use my 10,000th post so say F.U. to the BCS as well.

No, but at least it makes another case for a playoff.
    I want Michigan State to win every game they play, except Michigan.

The funny thing is that Utah right now is #7 in the polls and won't even finish in the top 3 because its just too hard to make up that kind of gap. The end of the year rankings will look like this.............

1. Florida/Oklahoma winner
    2. Texas
    3. USC
    4. Utah
    5. Florida/Oklahoma loser

Utah #1? No, cuz they aren't, imo.

We need Texas, Ok, Fla and USC to play a round robin of the best of 7, which should almost take us to next years season.

Seriously, its just another year of someone TELLING us who the best team in the country is.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    the BCS loves threads like this...

national debate fuels their ego/power

it's not going anywhere

+ Reply to Thread