+ Reply to Thread

Thread: idea for a new subforum....."detroit life/culture"

idea for a new subforum....."detroit life/culture"

just wanted to run this by you guys to see what you think.

i've always wanted to start up some kind of forum for people in Detroit to talk about all Detroit has to offer. Food, night life, culture, fun stuff to do, etc, etc.

people talking about new restaurants they've discovered. talking about favorite places to hang out on Friday nights. member reviews on places like museums and exhibits. favorite sports bars to watch Pistons games.

my motivation is this: i'm born and raised in Michigan with very little knowledge of all the city of Detroit and it's surrounding areas have to offer. so this will help me, personally, learn more about the area and help other people too. i'm sick of hearing people talk about wanting to move away because there "nothing to do here". i'm convinced that there is lots to discover around there, and maybe everyone can contribute to a pool of knowledge. how cool would it be if WTFD, along with a top-notch Detroit sports forum, had a thriving forum (almost like a database) of all there the city has to offer, in terms of culture.

maybe for now we could keep that stuff under "Off Topic", and if people start writing and posting more on it we could open up a new subforum on it? no need to clutter the forums list with a new one now, just to have it die out.

any thoughts?

That actually sounds solid. We should look in to that.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    I concur. Great idea iamme.

-ojay!

+ Reply to Thread