+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Another Trade Rumor: Lions & Cardinals

i like the idea of trading the pick for a really big ham sandwich. you know, something we can all enjoy.

We'd better not fuck around and lose our chance at that immaculate long snapper. We should just offer Oakland our entire platoon of draft picks this year to move up that spot and get him. I think it makes us championship caliber. Just in case something happens him, though, we should sign the best longsnapper on the market to a A-Rodesque contract as a backup plan.

You guys are so funny. I almost think you're sarcastic! But I know you're truthful.

I just don't know. Since the rosters are limited to 53 players, I DO worry that the Lions will probably be limited to having only three long snappers. Not many teams carry more ling snappers than that, but the ones who do seem to be the ones who win championships.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

But who do you cut to fit a 4th? Jeff Backus? Shaun Rogers? Ernie Sims? Decisions, decisions. We could always cut our kicker and punter and carry 5 long snappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    But who do you cut to fit a 4th? Jeff Backus? Shaun Rogers? Ernie Sims? Decisions, decisions. We could always cut our kicker and punter and carry 5 long snappers.

Brilliant. Have the long snapper snap to a long snapper who turns around and snaps back at the line of scrimmage.

+ Reply to Thread