+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bill Parcells resigns in Dallas, Wade Phillips hired in his place

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    Yeah Im not too big on the Norv idea. Wade Phillips is who I want. Dallas has 3-4 personnell on defense, and had a 4-3 coach trying to run it. Wade can actually run a 3-4 and would be worth it just for that.
    good luck, both guys(norv and wade) are geniuses as coordinators, idiots as hc's.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    good luck, both guys(norv and wade) are geniuses as coordinators, idiots as hc's.
    Yeah even though it is who I wanted I cant say Im incredibly happy. I thought maybe Singletary could have been nice, but the risk factor was too high since he is unproven. There just wasnt crap out there to choose from. I wonder if Jerry Jones just plans on firing Phillips after the year unless they reach the SB, and going after Lovie if the Bears dont extend him or Cowler if he wants to unretire.

Singletary keeps being mentioned for HC jobs. Is he even coaching anything these days, or has he?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

He is the DC/Assistant Coach or something like that for San Fran. Maybe he still ends up as DC for the DC.. I hear he is really good at teaching defensive football but Im not sure of his Xs and Os.

I don't know if you can say Phillips is an idiot HC. He made some questionable moves but consistently got his team to the playoffs. The Cowboys will retain Tony Sparano (who called plays for them last year) and add a young mind in Jason Garrett to the mix on the offensive side of the ball so they should be able to maintain a high level of continuity there and Romo should continue to develop with a lot of weapons around him. Phillips will finally be able to get the most out of Roy Williams and should have the Cowboys front 7 defensively being a lot more aggressive and productive. Overall it has to be viewed as the most reasonable, safest hire. No rebuilding of the defense into a 4-3 and no waiting for a young guy to learn the ropes. Phillips has a year or two to start winning playoff games and if he can't get it done the Cowboys likely have the next head coach on staff already.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luniz
    The Cowboys will retain Tony Sparano (who called plays for them last year)...
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I wouldnt fire him either.

+ Reply to Thread