+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Different NO/DET Deal

A Different NO/DET Deal

Fuck Okafor! Try this:

We deal Kwame Brown and Chris Wilcox

We get Songaila, Thornton, Wright & Diogu

Why for them? Cause none of those guys are real "impact" players and by doing this trade they'd finally be under the tax threshold (since we take back an extra $809,125)

Being under the threshold nets them a cheque from the league worth $4.5mil or something like that.

Considering who they deal and who they get I think they make out OK in this.

For us? Diogu is an expiring contract and the other 3 dudes have 2 year contracts (aka expire when Tay does). Thornton and Wright have some potential and if we're gonna rebuild then you gotta get young talent on the team.

Thoughts/Fuck Yous?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NO'd be stupid not to ask for a pick in this deal. I'd do it in a heartbeat as the Pistons.
    _

They can ask but I'd say Fuck You.

We're helping them pocket over $4 million (given back by the league to teams under the tax threshold).

They should be fucking thankful and be grateful we offered the deal in the first place

I had Al Thornton on the brain.

The big issue with this is that it leaves us with only Ben as a C. It gives us young guys with potential, but we already have Daye, Jerebko, and Summers as young SF/PF guys, so Wright would be #4 (if we're not including Villanueva in that group). Diogu and Songaila are both PFs that can't (shouldn't) play C, like Max. It leaves our roster as:

PGs: Bynum, Atkins
    SGs: Stuckey, Gordon, Rip, Thornton
    SFs: Prince, Jerebko, Daye, Summers, Wright
    PFs: Villanueva, Maxiell, Diogu, Songaila
    C: Wallace

That's terrible. Unless we're moving Prince or Rip for a C, that's a difficult trade to sell.
    _

I'm not worried about the depth chart since I'm throwing in the towel on the season.

Landing Wright and Thornton is a good thing - they're young and competition for minutes is a good thing.

Landing Songaila isn't bad, considering we'd have Wilcox here instead. Ike Diogu is a really cheap expiring contract but while here he could make Maxiell work a little harder for minutes.

At this point the only goal is to get more youth.

+ Reply to Thread