+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Contact lenses anyone?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    I had LASEK (similar to LASIK) a couple months ago. The first week was hell, but its like I'm free from jail. No glasses, no contacts, perfect vision. And I was light sensitive before the surgery, so who cares?
    Why was the first week hell?

Is it pretty expensive?
    LASEK has a more complicated recovery than LASIK. Swolen and painful eyes, blurry vision, etc.

I wasn't a candidate for LASIK. I could only have LASEK.

With LASIK, you'll walk out in 10 minutes seeing better than before you walked in, and seeing 20/20 the next day.

It is really cheap right now in Michigan. Last year it was approximately $3,000 total for both eyes. Now its 1/2 that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    I wasn't a candidate for LASIK. I could only have LASEK.
    you have to get recommended or something from your doctor?

Are there any long term after effects?

If laser sugery gives you perfect vision, then I guess it would be much better than contacts

I know a few people who have gotten the surgery and for the most part they're pretty satisfied with it, yet I'm in no rush to go out and get it. They've already improved it by a couple generations of technology since it was introduced, I'll wait for a couple more.

In the meantime, I wear contacts. The latest and greatest in lenses are orders of magnitude more breathable, so comfortable you barely know they're there and come in 30-day disposable form that you can wear for two weeks, take out overnight, wear for another two weeks and then throw away. For my money it's a great way to split the difference between the nuisance of glasses and the uncertainty of surgery.

how about some contact brand names that you guys use?

i use accuvue 2's

+ Reply to Thread