+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Wii

I started a new thread because this "Revolution"ary system definitely deserves its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzle
    I finally got a Wii. Moodini and I got in line a little bit before 4:00am at Target and got numbers 15 and 16 of the 18 that the store got in (we both would not have gotten one if the three kids that got there at midnight fell asleep in their car till 5:00am). So far, this thing is really fun and well worth the wait.
    The technology of it really almost freaks you out.
    Absolutely Wizzle. It was well worth the wait man. Sure, the graphics aren't on par with the 360 or the PS3, but graphics are vastly overrated. The motion sensor Wiimote adds a completely new element to gameplay and makes the experience much more realistic and you really feel like you are involved in the action. The very basic Wii Sports is one of the funnest games I have ever played. You swing the Wiimote for forehands and backhands in tennis, give it a twist for a hook as you bowl, hold it like a bat and swing away in baseball, grip it and swing as you would in real golf, and attach the nunchuck for some 2 handed boxing action. Incredible. I've had my 360 for about a year now, and I haven't nearly as much fun as I've had on my Wii in the first Wiik. (haha)

The potential for this system is limitless and I can't wait to see how Nintendo and other third party developers will develop games to creatively use the Wiimote.

Major Moodini prediction-The Nintendo Wii will win this gen's console battle. The Wii will win due to an ultra low price, innovative gameplay, and fun factor. Get one now.......if you can find one.

Anyone else have one? Played it? Thoughts?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    but graphics are vastly overrated.
    by who?

Also I would think you would of anybody realize that they only get better from here as people learn more about the technology. Its only slightly better than Xbox 360 now, but 360 has reaching its graphics pinnacle while Sony has plenty of upgrading to come over the next year.

To get back to Wii. I like it alot and I think Nintendo may sneak past Microsoft in the market and challenge sony for the long term lead in the next 2 years. New innovative and can get many of the same popular Japanese based companies to commit to them that commit to Sony. Gotta remember that until microsoft cracks through in Japan they will never improve in exclusives(IMO).
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I agree Gutz. Great graphics are a plus, but not a necessity. I'll put it to you this way. Would you rather play a game of Tecmo Super Bowl or a game of NCAA 07 on the 360 that is filled with bugs? Tecmo, no question.

The Wii will be at the bottom in the graphics department, but will be far superior in the controls/gameplay department, and that's the most important part of gaming. Bottom line, is the game fun to play? The Wii is a blast to play and I haven't played anything on my 360 since I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    The Wii is a blast to play and I haven't played anything on my 360 since I got it.
    Well there you have it. I think PS3 will have more fun games than 360. And on top of that I agree about graphics. Thats why I owned a ps2 and gamecube rather than an xbox. For all the hoopla and hollering you did about your 360, it couldnt even compare in fun to your Wii with a years worth of a library of games. Thus my choice of systems for 2007 is narrowed down to ps3 and Wii.
    ^

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm actually viewing the site and posting this using my Wii right now!! You are able to view the net on this thing! Unbelievable!

Viewing WTF on a Nintendo Wii. Does life get any better than that?

I know the Wii is fun, but that doesn't mean the 360 isn't. I'm sure Mood is enjoying the novelty of his new console and the fun ways in which he can play it. On the other hand, I'm here really enjoying my new games (NBA 2k7 is addicting as all hell, Tomb Raider Legend is fun, and Gears of War is the tits). Gutz, I still can't see where you come from with the "I think PS3 games will be better." It's a valid possibility, but nowhere can you come with evidence for that. It's going to have Devil May Cry, SOCOM, and Final Fantasy (although I do love and need Final Fantasy). I played Resistance the other day and was left feeling a bit unimpressed. MGS4 will be coming to the 360 as well, it's been said... What does the PS3 have left?

Sorry for hijacking the Wii thread...

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I know the Wii is fun, but that doesn't mean the 360 isn't. I'm sure Mood is enjoying the novelty of his new console and the fun ways in which he can play it. On the other hand, I'm here really enjoying my new games (NBA 2k7 is addicting as all hell, Tomb Raider Legend is fun, and Gears of War is the tits). Gutz, I still can't see where you come from with the "I think PS3 games will be better." It's a valid possibility, but nowhere can you come with evidence for that. It's going to have Devil May Cry, SOCOM, and Final Fantasy (although I do love and need Final Fantasy). I played Resistance the other day and was left feeling a bit unimpressed. MGS4 will be coming to the 360 as well, it's been said... What does the PS3 have left?

I thought about banning you with my mod power e, lol, but it's all good.

I wouldn't really call the Wii a novelty, it's a completely new way to play games and I think it's going to be the future of the video game industry.
    Last edited by Moodini31; 12-28-2006 at 12:30 AM.

I didn't mean to say it was just a novelty, just that the novelty/freshness in it probably has you in its full grasp right now. I agree with you; I also think it is the future of video games.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray

you forgot resident evil ....Preference is the issue. I hope you dont see this as me imposing my preference on you. But likewise dont tell me that I should consider gears of war something worth buying a 360 when its pretty much just like the rest of their exclusive lineup. Again thats not to say anything bad about it because i found it to be pretty good actually. But FPS(like halo) and shoot em up games dont make a console for me. And thats about all I've seen on their exclusive rack worth getting into. As far as Resistance goes, to each his own. I liked it myself and thought its probably the best FPS Sony has had ever(though they didnt have many great ones to begin with).

Either way you've already gave up your chunk of change for a 360, so you shouldnt be able to see where i'm coming from as a consumer who isnt in any rush to get any of the next gen systems yet. You would have no second thought of patience and objectivity. Objectivity costs too much money for you to have it now(you've already made your investment) and patience had no chance when the first next gen system was released. So its pointless to really eek out a debate over our preferences in games. my current gaming library only has one FPS and one shoot em up game at the moment and games like gears of war arent going to knock me into next week.

As far as MGS4 goes. It wont be on xbox anytime close to PS3 and will have to be changed when they do port it to compensate for some of the extra detail they are putting on it with PS3. Also let me remind you that i'm not buying a system until far into 2007. I've decided to see how the lineups pan out first.

ok enough of that. get back to the Wii.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 12-27-2006 at 04:47 PM.
    ^

wii fun factor is really good

+ Reply to Thread