+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Things are shaping up...

Things are shaping up...

DT...I would think Jackson and Darby are starters but wouldn't be surprised one bit if Hill beats Darby out. I guranfrickintee Darby will be better this year.

These guys are huge. Add Fluellen and Cohen too, but those top 3 are NOT going to get blown off the line, imo. These guys are not fast, but they will stop the run outside when it's cold, etc. They don't move but they don't get moved either.

DE...White and Avril will have to develop some more. They will have to improve if this D is going to do anything. I expect them to develop under Schwartz. IAF too.

MLB...Ok, moving on to OLB

OLB... Peterson, Sims and add Levy to the mix. Gotta drink a lil kool-aid here and hope for the best. Definately improved with the addition of Peterson. Not a lot of depth, but not a bad group outside.

CBs...Henry, King, Buchanon and Fisher. 3 new players, so that adds questions, but we'll be better.

S...Delmas and Bullocks. Delmas will step up and stop the run. DT Hill helps stop the run, but we still have a huge hole at MLB.

Paris Lenon is still our starting MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Paris Lenon is not on the roster.

As far as I'm concerned, Casper the Ghost is in the middle.

Even better. So our already terrible MLBs got worse. LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I was reminded by my buddy that the Lions will have 1st dibs on ANY player cut till the season begins. So we need to have some cap space to sign some cut players outright.

DE/DT.....White...Jackson...Hill...Avril
    depth..................Darby.......
    depth.................Fluellen........
    LBs.........Sims...Levy...Follett...Petterson
    CBs.........Buchanon.................King
    depth......Henry......................Fisher
    Safety............Delmas....Bullocks...

These are the guys I hope start. I put some depth in the DT. I put Levy and Follett in the middle...who the hell knows. And obviously, a 4-4 Defense doesn't work but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Henry could play corner or S.

There are potentially 7ish new players on D this year. Red is new.

I think we're gong to be in the 3-4 more than peeps think.

Hill is not going to start. Everyone, including Schwartz, has said that this kid is a project that will have to learn the new level of competition. He was playing DE in college at a very small school. He's not likely to just jump into the starting lineup of an NFL team at a new position.

I think Henry beats out King for the starting CB spot. Which do you have starting in the middle, Levy or Follett, when we run 4-3. I feel like both of those guys would be better off in the middle of a 3-4, but that's just a feeling not based on a whole lot of research.
    _

Fuck Schwartz, he doesn't know shit. I know Hill is going to start. Hill played DT in college too. He can do it.

re:Henry...I'm hoping King is good enough to start and that Henry plays Safety with Delmas.

I wasn't writting this for peeps to critique as much to show that we have added lots of players to the Defense...MOTOWN! j/k But I'm always up for some criticism since I handle it so well.

I think there was a lot of turnover as there should be as bad as we were.

+ Reply to Thread