+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Geico cavemen might get their own TV show

Blog Entries

Geico cavemen might get their own TV show

I like the commercials, they're unique and pretty sharp, but I think this is a bit much.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Geico cavemen could star in TV series

NEW YORK (AP) -- Those Geico "cavemen" shouldn't be so upset after all -- they may get their own television series.

ABC said Friday it had ordered a pilot for a comedy, tentatively titled "Cavemen," that features the characters used in a series of ads by the insurance company.

In the ads, cavemen appear insulted by a Geico pitchman's claim that the company's Web site is so easy to use that "even a caveman can do it."

The potential series, one of 14 pilots that will be produced by Touchstone Television this spring, features the cavemen as they "struggle with prejudice on a daily basis as they strive to live the lives of normal thirty-somethings in 2007 Atlanta."

It's unusual for characters from an advertising campaign to move into shows of their own, but not unprecedented. The CBS comedy "Baby Bob" featured a talking baby that had been used in several advertisements, according to Daily Variety.

The advertising copywriter who helped create the "cavemen" ads is writing the pilot, the studio said.

A pilot order is no guarantee a show will make it on the air; in fact, the majority of pilots don't make it that far.
    Find a new slant.

There up to three cavemen by now.
    I hope one of them is gay.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries

Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Ahhhh!!

This is the best, LMAO.

Movie trailer!

Find a new slant.

Well I wonder how the writers are going to get the Cavemen to this century in the first place. We've already had "Frozen Caveman", the character from Saturday Night Live. Is it going to be that old cliche drug up once again?
    Or will they be like the Coneheads, and just all the sudden be here, moving over from France?

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    #7 on your list was always my fav. Of course the end of the pschiatrist one is great, "My mothers calling, Ill put it on speaker"... I swear that would be me.

Zip, I think they will just be here like in the commercials.. for some reason never evolving and always persecuted. There will be cavism and cavist rights movements which have already been quite successful gaining them the right to vote.

Blog Entries
    If they keep the same writers as the commercials, I suppose it could work for a while.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Well I wonder how the writers are going to get the Cavemen to this century in the first place. We've already had "Frozen Caveman", the character from Saturday Night Live. Is it going to be that old cliche drug up once again?
    Or will they be like the Coneheads, and just all the sudden be here, moving over from France?
    Don't forget Encino man.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    #7 on your list was always my fav. Of course the end of the pschiatrist one is great, "My mothers calling, Ill put it on speaker"... I swear that would be me.

Zip, I think they will just be here like in the commercials.. for some reason never evolving and always persecuted. There will be cavism and cavist rights movements which have already been quite successful gaining them the right to vote.
    If by 7 you mean the airport one, that's my favorite too. That song was stuck in my head for like a month.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Caveman #1: "Biff, why is it that when we go to the bar and pick up chicks, you never seem interested?"
    Caveman #2: "Yeah, Biff, I mean, we're all, 'hey, look at that chick over there, the one with the big hooters', and you're all, 'she's not my type'.
    Caveman #3: "Well, guys, there's been something I've wanted to tell you for the last 20,000 years. I was about to tell you when that glacier we were walking on caved in and entrapped us in ice for 20,000 years"
    Caveman #1: "Biff, why is your house always so neat and clean? And why is it decorated so well, and what's up with all the Judy Garland CD's?"
    (Canned Laughter)
    Caveman #3: "Let me explain, Seth. Remember when we went to San Francisco? Well, I kind of liked it there. I liked it alot. And when we get together to watch Michigan football, well, I don't exactly care who wins. I just like the way those guys, um, look in their uniforms"
    Caveman #2: "Wait a minute. I remember your cave back in the day. Your wall drawings were always of guys. And they weren't hunting. They were...DANCING! With each other! And your cave was always so neat and clean and you had these prissy curtains and stuff! But what's really strange is that you still had those Judy Garland CD's"
    (Canned Laughter)
    Caveman #3: "Ok, OK! Let me just say it: I'm GAY! I don't like women! I'm living this existence as an outcast, AND a fag!"
    Caveman#1: "Listen. You're not gay. You're just confused. You were buddying up with those Homo Sapiens when they first appeared. We all thought you just didn't like being a Neanderthal. But look, those homo sapiens sure were better looking than us, and smarter, but that doesn't mean you are gay!"
    Caveman #2: "Yeah, and besides, it wasn't cool then, and it ain't cool now. How did you turn gay?"
    (Canned Laughter)
    Caveman #3: "Look, idiot. You don't turn gay, you just ARE gay. You think I want to fae all this discrimination, being a Caveman, working to get the vote for all Cavemen, and doing all that other stuff, and then choose to be gay?"
    Caveman#1: "Yes. Yes I do. I can't believe we didn't just kill those homo sapiens when we had the chance. Now look, they're everywhere!"
    (Canned Laughter)
    Caveman#2: "When did you first notice this gay thing?"
    Caveman #3: Well, it was in school. During gym. Whenever all of us would be in there changing, I'd see the naked guys and get a boner. I asked my Dad about it, and he said, 'maybe you're queer', and then he beat the shit out of me, so I dropped the subject
    (Canned Laughter)
    Caveman #1: "This is certainly a shocker. I never knew. I thought you were a little wierd, always watching Lifetime, or Oprah, and always listening to Yanni and watching those Irish dancer videos, but I never figured you for this. We're going to have to kill you now"
    Caveman #2: "Yup. I agree. You're history"
    Caveman #3: "Don't you mean that I'm pre-history?"
    All Three (hugging): HAhhahah HAH Hah hahah
    Roll canned laughter
    Applause
    Fade to song
    This ends episode 1 of Cavemen: Prehistoric Contemporary Outcasts
    Last edited by Zip Goshboots; 03-07-2007 at 09:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread