+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom and Marty: We will continue the trend of inadequacy

Tom and Marty: We will continue the trend of inadequacy

Ford issued a press release after the game that Marty and Tom will be our co-GMs next year.

I swear once Ford dies, they'll come out and admit he was actually "born partially mentally disabled." He's not even attempting to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    LOL
    Find a new slant.

I'll take a wait and see approach to this one. He said he didn't know what capacity the new person would be, that it would depend on their experience.

If he hires Pioli and makes Meyhew the assistant again, fine.

if he hires some new shmuck and lets him be assistant there is a major problem.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    This is the same reason that I expect Hot Rod to be retained for next year.

Just as they are not going to pay another coach while they are paying Rod, they don't want to pay a "real" GM while they are still paying Millen.

This sets the stage for more outrageous comedy, I'm really looking forward to the draft.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrayfan
    This sets the stage for more outrageous comedy, I'm really looking forward to the draft.
    What colleges are located in Tampa? I'm sure any players from that area already know the Tampa 2...

MoTown is right.

South Florida is located in Tampa.

You may have a point here. We already have 5 players from Central Florida (Orlando) and 2 players from Florida State. Maybe he figured they are close enough to know the Tampa 2.

That means George Selvie (DE) and Tyrone McKenzie (OLB) are your first round picks.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

God, I don't even know where to begin with the Lions.

I thought Rob Parker's question to Marinelli where he asked him if he wished his daughter had hired a better defensive coordinator was hilarious. Howie Long and a couple of the other puppet heads called Parker an idiot and said he doesn't know what he is talking about. I think those guys are the idiots, how can you not see this team has completely given up and the blame is on Marinelli along with the TAMPA players he brought in along with the defensive coordinator he picked.

Why is it that the management of our pathetic lions is kept away from the media. It seems as though every other franchise, there is more accountability and visibility to the executives of other teams. I don't even know if Bill Ford Sr. is still alive, b/c they might just be showing a loop of the same video from 3 years ago, when they zoom in on him at games. I never understood why Millen never had to appear at a press conference, ever. It seems as though the only time the executives from the Lions talk to the media is when they want to and it's only for 8 seconds. Our sports writers need to demand more visibility from Bill Ford, even though he won't give it.

It is so sad that the only way the Lions make ESPN highlights is because they are the worst team in NFL history. It just makes sense to keep the GM and his right hand man that have been here 13 and 8 yrs respectively. I usually don't care this time of year about the Lions b/c of the Pistons, but now all I have going for me is the Red Wings and college football bowl season.

Probably what Joey and every other person with a brain has said to Calvin after the game, "get the hell outta here as soon as your contract is up"

I'll take a wait and see approach to this one. He said he didn't know what capacity the new person would be, that it would depend on their experience.

If he hires Pioli and makes Meyhew the assistant again, fine.

if he hires some new shmuck and lets him be assistant there is a major problem.
    The problem is that he's already put unnecessary conditions on anyone he would theoretically hire to run the organization. It could mean that whoever comes in will have to deal with these two and not be able to bring in his guys. That alone might turn off a good prospect who would actually have a shot at turning things around.

Personally though, I think what it really means is that Ford has no real desire to hire a top dog to turn this around. It means that the 0 and 16 camp were absolutely wrong; the Lions and Detroit get to live in NFL infamy and once more be the butt of jokes and stupid analysis around the country and to William Clay Ford Sr. it doesn't mean a damn thing. Even being part of one of the greatest sports failures in history isn't enough to spark the neurons in his brain to fire.

It's infuriating and crushing. I love sports. I love my Detroit teams. I've been going to Lions games since I can remember, my family having seasons tickets. I've never been a conditional fan for any of the teams, whether it was the Dead Things, the teal Pistons or the almost record breaking losing Tigers. I can't stand seeing such a silly little moron with the brain of an 8 year old making sure that rooting for the Lions is a painful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by umichjenks
    I thought Rob Parker's question to Marinelli where he asked him if he wished his daughter had hired a better defensive coordinator was hilarious. Howie Long and a couple of the other puppet heads called Parker an idiot and said he doesn't know what he is talking about.
    This probably isn't the thread for this but the talking heads are right on this; Rob Parker is an absolute idiot. Not just for the line itself or his going after Marinelli. The only thing that ever comes out of his mouth when he takes Joe Dumars dick out of it is stupid nonsensical complaining of all of Detroit's other teams he actually believes is criticism.

Rob Parker has three columns. He has the reasons-we-should-be-patient-with-the-Pistons-during-the-regular-season-it's-all-about-the-playoffs-column. He has the don't-worry-about-the-big-Pistons-playoff-loss-this-team-is-still-the-best column. And then he has the complain (rightly or not) about every other Detroit team column so that he can show he's not biased and that he's a tough sports writer.

I always imagine life with Rob as, "Smack, gurgle, hmmm...hold on Joe I have to finish this non-Pistons column...(other Detroit team) sucks because it always makes stupid decisions...OK Joe, I'm ready...gobble, gurgle, smack..."

I'm hoping the statement is that those 2 will be retained but not in charge or limited roles.

+ Reply to Thread