+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeve thread...

Pet Peeve thread...

I don't know how great of a topic this is or if it has been before; but today when I was checking out the new releases of music for Tuesday I was a little irked by one of my pet peeves. We all have things in life that bother us or irritate us on a small level so I was wondering what other people's pet peeves were.

So to get the thread started here is one of my many pet peeves, it involves music, specifically one-hit wonder groups who after ten years try to release a greatest hits album. This week brings two such albums Third Eye Blinds: A Collection and The Rembrandts: Greatest Hits both groups had one popular song maybe two that made waves. Therefore I am sure that anyone who wanted to hear I'll Be there for You, more than 12,000 times has the song already, Same goes for Semi-charmed life or How's it Gonna Be, those who liked it then bought it nobody was busting down the doors of the music industry demanding these albums must be made, so why make yourself look retarded.

I was going to make this thread before when something pissed me off but I forgot at the moment.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    So to get the thread started here is one of my many pet peeves, it involves music, specifically one-hit wonder groups who after ten years try to release a greatest hits album. This week brings two such albums Third Eye Blinds: A Collection and The Rembrandts: Greatest Hits both groups had one popular song maybe two that made waves. Therefore I am sure that anyone who wanted to hear I'll Be there for You, more than 12,000 times has the song already, Same goes for Semi-charmed life or How's it Gonna Be, those who liked it then bought it nobody was busting down the doors of the music industry demanding these albums must be made, so why make yourself look retarded.
    Cosigned!

You don't release a "greatest hits" unless damn near every song on there is something in the public consciousness. If you have cool rare stuff you want to expose people to, put it on an additional disc to complement the greatest hits collection(s).

My pet peeve this morning involves people who can't read emails so they need a conference call where I essentially recite the email to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    You don't release a "greatest hits" unless damn near every song on there is something in the public consciousness. If you have cool rare stuff you want to expose people to, put it on an additional disc to complement the greatest hits collection(s).
    Along the same vein - groups who put brand-new songs on their greatest hits albums.

I'll never forgive Journey for omitting "Still They Ride" in favor of "Be Good To Yourself" on their greatest hits album.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TK
    Along the same vein - groups who put brand-new songs on their greatest hits albums.

I'll never forgive Journey for omitting "Still They Ride" in favor of "Be Good To Yourself" on their greatest hits album.
    <confused>

"Be Good To Yourself" was a hit single from the Raised on Radio album that came out two years before their Greatest Hits album. It wasn't brand-new.

I HaTe iT wHeN PplZ haVe 2 talk LyK DisSsSsS.

I guess this isnt really a pet peeve, but cocky mofuckers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Quote Originally Posted by TK

<confused>

"Be Good To Yourself" was a hit single from the Raised on Radio album that came out two years before their Greatest Hits album. It wasn't brand-new.
    I took a stab. I think they released a new one on that album, but I can't remember the name. Either way, Be Good To Yourself should've never, ever trumped Still They Ride. No fucking way.

I hate people who ask for advice and then don't take it.

I hate people who will ask you to be honest, and then can't handle it.

I hate people who think their opinion is more important than mine.

I hate people who are more articulate than I am.

I hate people who do less work than I do but get paid more

I hate people who refuse to grow up

I hate people who can get pot for free

I hate people who drive too slowly

I hate people who can't move past a previous debate

Look, let's reduce this list: I hate people
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Sorry to bump this up, but this has been irking me for a while.

Why do chicks wear revealing or sexy clothing in public, but cover up in a jacket, and when you ask them to see what they're wearing the get all shy and shit?

Why wear revealing clothing in public if you don't plan showing it off?

BYAAAAAAAAAAH

Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    Sorry to bump this up, but this has been irking me for a while.

Why do chicks wear revealing or sexy clothing in public, but cover up in a jacket, and when you ask them to see what they're wearing the get all shy and shit?

Why wear revealing clothing in public if you don't plan showing it off?

BYAAAAAAAAAAH

I'd be happy to show you what I'm wearing under MY trenchcoat . . . .

+ Reply to Thread