+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Rd 2: San Antonio (1) vs Dallas (4), Mavs win 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Very fun game to watch. I think the Suns have a better chance against Dallas than they would against the Spurs but I don't see them beating either.
    why wouldnt they beat the mavs though? its the dream matchup for them. dallas is ready and willing to run with them and they are ready and willing to do it better than them.
    This is the playoffs man, I don't see the Mavericks falling into that trap. At least not for 4 games. As much as I'd rather play the Suns, I think the Western Conference Finals are already over.
    the same could've been said by the clips. Dallas is more addicted to running than any other team in the west playoffs besides the suns. if the suns can trick the clips into it, dallas shouldnt be that hard i'd think. especially in seeing the teams play each other. i almost get the feeling thast dallas is confident that they can outrun the suns or atleast run with them. i see every game in the 100's and that favors the suns IMO.
    I'd agree with you if this was last year. Dallas is one of the slowest teams in the NBA now - they average just over a possession more than the Pistons. I'm not saying the ghost of Don Nelson is dead, but this is a completely different scheme they're running.

And the Mavs play better defense than the Suns, too. Which is sort of important since defense is a pretty big part of basketball. Not that I'd expect PISTONS fans to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by realistic
    And the Mavs play better defense than the Suns, too. Which is sort of important since defense is a pretty big part of basketball. Not that I'd expect PISTONS fans to understand that.
    Yeah and in terms of efficiency they're not far behind in offense, either. A measley .007 (lol) points per possession.

They just showed they have the discipline to beat the Spurs, I wouldn't bet against them having enough to beat the Suns. They were doubling Duncan with their guard from the far side of the court and rotating early to the shooters and late to Parker. That takes a concentrated effort and was pretty impressive. They did get into foul trouble early and often (they aren't perfect) but if the best the Suns can hope for is to "trick" them into the same thing 4 times, thats not much to hope for.
    STEW BEEF!

damn, the Mavs robbed us of our chance for sweet sweet revenge! > The Mavs slightly worry me, I feel like we don't really KNOW this iteration of the Mavs.

I'm not that surprised the Spurs lost.

They usually follow up a championship season by stinking the joint up.

+ Reply to Thread