+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bucks draft thread

Bucks draft thread

Picks- #8 and 37.

2007 picks- #6-Yi Jianlian #56 Ramon Sessions

FAs-Bunch of trash. Don't bother.

Bad contracts- All of them who aren't on rookie deals. Redd is a good player being paid as a franchise guy, Gadzurich, Simmons, Bell, and Williams are going to be paid $30 million combined in 09-10.

Quick looks-New G.M. John Hammond has hired super-asshole Scott Skiles to bring some pop to a notoriously soft club. Ton of questions with this roster after Bogut including will Hammond use Redd to rid himself of some of these deals or get an additional pick.

Draft strategy-They need a stud athlete plain and simple. Lots of finesse here, now they have to get a hammer. Don't look for them to trade down as they've got plenty of shitty choices on this roster already.

FYI, I am closing on my new house during my slot, but I'll forward something to Chris to do it early.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Bucks select Danilo Gallinari.
    Hey, maybe you can trade him back to the Nets?

He's who I was taking at 8, so if you can shed a contract, gotta go with it. Now they need to package Redd with Simmons and they're back in the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    He's who I was taking at 8, so if you can shed a contract, gotta go with it.
    No doubt, sounds like a win/win, then.

Milwaukee is shaping up to be the land of discontent (with their draft picks, at least).

How many SFs do they have now?

Blog Entries
    You also saved $250K in salary for your pick, too.

Hammond is a graduate of the Bill Davidson school of business, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    No doubt, sounds like a win/win, then.

Milwaukee is shaping up to be the land of discontent (with their draft picks, at least).

How many SFs do they have now?
    Tough to tell. Simmons should be gone, CV is a PF IMO, and Mason is an expiring.

Supposing Hammond is looking to right a ship, he could give 2 shits how any of those 3 guys feel about minutes at the 3.

+ Reply to Thread