+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 1/19/08 primaries!

i agree, sr seemed to have the nations interest at heart, i dont think that is true of jr, and i think it will show that way in the books.

UMxy...McCain has done more to vote no on any bill filled with pork than any other. He's more of a maverick than any others

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    And yet, spending and the deficit ballooned under McCain's watch with many periods of Republican majorities, going back to the Reagan daze. He talks a Merrie Melodie, but consistently campaigns for the Porky Pigs in the end -- a classic enabler. Contrast with William Proxmire (one of my all-time favorites), who single-handedly killed many acts of stupid spending as a senator fighting against peers and other politicians for decades, sacrificing any Presidential ambitions as a consequence.

Because the deficit went up while he was a Senator doesn't mean he didn't fight it.

He can't 'change' DC all by himself as a Senator. He'll have more of a chance as the Prez.

I just can't point at any pork he's actually led the charge at stopping. He never voted against the bridge to nowhere, didn't even coin the term. He missed the vote against the $1 millon for the Woodstock museum. He voted for the $3 million for grizzly bear mating habits he likes to bemoan. Am I missing something here?

McCain led the senate committee on steroids. I would sooner a politician led the committee on giving children AIDS. It was nothing but a opportunity to be a loudmouth on a subject the public is consistently behind, no job for the goverment. I watched most days intently, and the man I once percieved as an openminded leader just became just another grandstander.

Straight-talk my ass.

So you guys are saying you aren't going to support him (money) and vote for him?

I already voted for McCain in a primary once, and it didn't work out.

+ Reply to Thread