+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Detroit rapper: Phat Kat

Detroit rapper: Phat Kat

Meet Detroit rapper Phat Kat
    He's a hit in Europe, but is working to find an audience at home

May 6, 2007
    BY KELLEY L. CARTER
    FREE PRESS MUSIC WRITER

he last time he was on tour, every show, every single one, he says, was sold out.

The crowd was eclectic, and it was mostly college-aged European kids with backpacks tossed over their shoulders, swaying side to side, throwing their hands in the air, shouting out nearly every lyric he delivered, all in thick French or German accents.

That's what life is like for 34-year-old Detroit rapper Phat Kat, born Ronnie Watts, who gets that kind of love whenever he crosses the pond -- usually for six weeks or so at a time -- to give his audience what he does so well on wax and in person.

Phat Kat is one of the best Detroit rappers that most Detroiters have never heard of.

But with a new album out Tuesday, "Carte Blanche," Phat Kat is hoping to re-introduce himself to his hometown and remind folks why listeners consider him to be the best local hip-hop artist not on a major label.
    Click to read more

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Phat Kat is pretty sweet. I highly recommend the "Dedication to the Suckers" single produce by J Dilla. It's a Detroit classic already.
    Last edited by bangpow; 05-25-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Is he Korean?

He doesn't look Korean....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    He doesn't look Korean....
    That don't mean shit.

I don't look like I fucked your mom.

i look like a guy who just got sick to his stomach.

+ Reply to Thread