+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faux News Tactics

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar

Faux News Tactics

I saw a great one today.

These guys never cease to amaze me.

While they were busy lumping all democrats and all news media (except themselves I imagine) into a category of those who "want the USA to lose the Iraq war", they had writing in big, bold print on the bottom of the page, asking what I imagine was the question of the day.

It read something like this:

Is it an insult to our troops to claim that the government staged Zarqawi's death for political gain.

I'm not making this up.

Not is it an insult to the government, or to Bush, or to Rumsfeld, or to Cheney, or to Condi, but is it an insult "to our troops".

Now, I can actually understand if they asked the question "is it an insult to our government to claim that Zarqawi's death was staged for political gain", because it would have been the government that came up with such an idea - - - but to ask if its an insult "to our troops" who are merely following orders?

Clearly, this was a well thought out propaganda piece to portray democrats as anti-americans who do not appreciate the troops who are fighting and dying allegedly for our freedom.

In other words, the conservative republican politicians who run Faux News under the guise of a news station instead of a propaganda machine, actually sat up at night and thought of ways to lump "the media" and "democrats" together into a group, and then disparage that group by claiming that they insult our troops, cheer when they die, get upset when Zarqawi dies, and hope that the US loses the war. Of course, the conclusion to their propaganda is you'd better vote republican if you like America.

And you wonder why the typical Faux News viewer actually thinks that democrats hate america and want the terrorists to win?!?!?!?

Its not a mystery.

Its indoctrination.

You wonder why the typical Faux News viewer thinks the Dixie Chicks hate America as opposed to GWB?

Oh, but let me guess, CNN is "just like" Fox, but just for democrats, right? They use those dirty tricks all the time, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Blog Entries
    Not to mention that it's a totally leading/loaded question.

"Is it an insult...?" v. "How do you feel...?"
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread